SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Iva Mae's journey in this dimension of life ... has been complete

joyfulguy
9 years ago

(there was supposed to have been a "d" at the end of the subject line ... but ran out of space ... sort of fitting, as we near the en_ of life's journey, would you consider?)

A friend at church told me a while ago that Iva Mae's cancer was progressing and that she'd been moved from hospital to hospice, including the name and location.

I passed on that information here a week or so ago.

I went to visit her a week ago Sunday and her face brightened and she spoke of her pleasure as I came into the door of her room. We had a good visit, and she asked me for prayer near he end of it.

I thought to print the message that I put on here, and your replies, and take it to her.

Her son called early Friday morning to say that she had passed from this life at about 5 a.m. on Wednesday morning, and he had tried to call me four times on Thursday ... but I'd been away from shortly after 7 until near midnight, helping carry on our provincial election.

He said that he'd gone to see her on the day after I'd beenthere and that she had greatly appreciated my visit.

He asked me to tell you folks the news.

She had asked to be cremated.

There is to be a memorial for her at 11:00 a.m. on July 5 in Port Rowan, with reception to follow.

She appreciated your thoughts and pryers.

Good wishes to all.

ole joyful

Comments (36)