SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitykat44

helpful or nosey?

kitykat
9 years ago

Thought this might be the best place to mount a soapbox and seek opinions.

I have lived for one year in a new, small area of patio homes. The 40 home subdivision is 35% complete, and several homes are surprisingly being purchased by young, single women... first time home owners. Some older couples have owned previously, but it seems they lack experience or common sense.

One couple watered new sod 4x daily for weeks and were surprised they killed(drowned) their street tree... huh? A mature couple up the street watered likewise and almost killed my lawn with their continual runoff. They were offended when I asked them to please stop watering! A woman across the street has a much larger lot and the sprinkler installer went cheap and did not add perimeter heads at the bottom of her property...sod has died. (Sprinkler man gets paid the same for each lot!) Another new girl is watering multiple times daily... mowing company has not cut her grass and it's 10" high... and no one informs her!

There exist other, non water, issues that also go unattended. My complaint is no one is charged with 'helping' these people understand the hows and whys once their property closes. The HOA is an disinterested entity, a bank, using a management company to collect dues. The builder was selected by the bank to help it out on this bankrupt property.

It will/can be a lovely area once complete, but in the mean time... Should I keep to myself, stay out of others' business, or attempt to help and offer suggestions? Comments???

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!