Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tom Cruise getting a divorce.

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 13:56

See that the newspaper is reporting a Holmes-Cruise divorce. Too bad.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tom Cruise getting a divorce.

is he jumping on the couch about that too?

I guess playing a rock star god in his new movie made him think he really is one. I had heard rumors of some misconduct on his behalf....
bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do

o

I am so naive as to have thought they were happy together - you just never know!

o

Not surprised and knew it wouldn't last more than a few years. He seems too controlling and I bet he's hard to live with. I'm sure the age difference has something to do with it too.

o

I figured that was about as long as it would take her to get over that she's married to "Tom Cruise" and realize that she's married to a pompous weirdo.

o

STRANGE I see on the main page it shows right now that there are 6 replies yet when I am here reading it I see only 3 replies above mine, my first reply,kayjones and debi_2006
where are the others?
I have refreshed over and over still don't see them

o

well jenmonkey posted at the same time I did so I do see hers

o

No surprise. He looks like a controlling man and she always looked unhappy in photos. So much for marrying your childhood crush. Things aren't always what they seem.

o

He seems to be such an odd duck and the age difference is pretty large. I guess I'm not surprised.

o

I know someone who knows her family, and they were heartsick that she married him right from the start. But she couldn't be reasoned with, so....

o

Happy? I have seen only stories that hinted at how UNHAPPY she has been. There was nothing that said "match", in my mind. It was only a matter of time. This is number four down the tubes for him. Maybe NOW women will figure out he is TOO MUCH to handle in many ways!

o

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with Scientology.

o

I think it is #3 for him, #1 for her. Really, is anyone still surprised when a Hollywood marriage breaks up?

o

Hmmm.... not sure if he is too much.... Maybe too little??? Oh well, attitude wise I'm sure he's way TOO MUCH...

Elisabeth

o

Tom seems to be a good father. I'm happy for that revelation.

o

5 year contract is up, had a 10 year contract with Nicole.
People Mag. doing a story about the marriage and divorce.

o

I expect that his devotion to the cult religion Scientology wears a bit thin after awhile. But we are only speculating and gossiping about what went on in their private life. I doubt that they will air their dirty secrets like so many seem to do.

o

I am not the least bit surprised by this news. Sad that yet another marriage is falling apart. Very sad for the little girl.

I really, really hope it doesn't get nasty, low down dirty, mud slinging. There's enough money that they can all live in the lap of luxury for severl lifetimes, so hopefully they will keep it civil and quiet.

I don't know if these people that have such dirty, public divorces don't think about the children involved or don't care. Some of the things they say and do, and their kids will see it at least someday.

o

I'm not the least bit surprised either. Frankly I think he's gay and his marriages have all been arrangements to protect his leading man image.

o

Suri was coming of an age that the Scientology community wanted her to attend meetings and Katie has always been against that. It's sad that they couldn't work that out. Katie put her foot down on Suri being a scientologist and she, herself, has not attended in five months.

o

With all the hoopla, who really cares????These people who think they are "gods" and have more money than brains, I can't understand why the following.....My life isn't going to change just because another "idol" is messing up his life......
Sorry to be so abrasive.....

o

I sure wouldn't want anything to do with that *cult*. Lucky if the child could be protected from that!

o

I'm with SunnyDJ

I like some of th things he has acted in and that's about it.

o

Why marry him and have a child with him if Scientology weren't OK with her?
He's a freakadoodle, but she's foolish and self absorbed for not having longer term vision of the impact of the life she was helping create.

o

I don't think anybody really knows the person they marry,
unless you've been going steady for 40 or so years.

& if no one had children until they had an *accurate* "longer term vision", nobody would have children.

Nobody can foretell the future, not even with a crystal ball.
so many unexpected things happen:
your healthy-as-a-horse partner may develop health problems,
daddy may call your little urban self from Wyoming & say, "please come home & run the farm",
you may win the lottery,
you may lose your job.

You just never know.

which makes it sound like a good idea to learn to roll with the punches, accept what is, & keep on keeping on.

o

I understand that much - however, she married and created a life with an active Scientologist.

???

o

There is wisdom there, Sylvia. I wonder how many mothers thought that their DD's had the 'perfect match'....Sons as well, only to find that You (the Mom)didn't have to walk in their shoes.

o

I had never really met any one but good people in my young life before I married at 18. Then I married a man who unknown to me had been married 2 times, he was a pathological liar and wouldn't turn down any woman who offered herself to him. I was 18 and stupid and naive, that should not condemn me to a life of misery with the bum. I was very mature in some ways, but not in the ways of the world. I thought every thing was black or white, good or bad. When someone like Katie has a famous person come on to them, how could she resist him wanting her and charming her.

You truly don't know a person when you marry or know what they would become later in life.

o

Well...she didn't have *another one* with him.

o

Believe me, I do know that you learn as you go.

I'm simply saying, he didn't "spring" scientology on her. She knew.

o

Make any excuse you want, but vows apparently are made to be broken and it happens in all religions so it's not just in Scientology. With the majority of marriages overall ending and I suspect a higher percentage in Hollywood, should anyone really be surprised? Now they'll both do the talk show circuit and move on to their next future ex-spouse after maybe writing a book.

(Yawn) Who really cares? The whole thing in all respects is laughable!

o

As an aside: Scientology is no more a "cult" than Christianity, Judaism, Catholicism, etc.

o

I'm with Fran, I think he's gay (just like John Travolta).

o

I heard that each of his 2 ex's and his soon-to-be ex were all 33 years old when they were divorced. Maybe that's his 'magical' number. Has anybody here taken Numerology-101?

o

I believe he is a good man who can't have children the natural way. This was probably understood before she married. She will receive $3mil/year for every year she is married to him. So sad that he had to bargain with her that way to get her to marry him. I think he loved married life with her and their child. He gave her the world. Scientology sounds like the culprit. He would have loved her to join him in it but she is now protecting her daughter against forced membership in it.

She said before they were married she used to dream about marrying Tom Cruise.

He has sued hardly newspapers who have accused him of being gay and won.He also seems to have control over the media. I doubt we will ever know the truth as you never knew what happened with is marriage with Nicole Kidman where their chidren were adopted. I feel sorry for him and don't see him as a controlling husband at all. I don't blame them for trying to compromise in their marriage. Everyone must try and do that. The compromses in this marriage sounds pretty big. She is young and can marry again. He is older and wisely may choose someone of his faith the next time.

o

Probably will be the best thing ever happened to her...!!!!

My oldest daughter just got "RID" of her controling husband after 20 years. But it has been hard for her. He is being a jerk...He called each one of us and told us a huge bunch of lies and everything she has ever done that she (even as a teen) that were way before she met him and had nothing to do with the marriage. Just to TRY to turn us against her...

He's being a real jerk.

I hope Katie can walk away without much of the junk that happens with divorces.

o

>> I believe he is a good man who can't have children the natural way. This was probably understood before she married.

Suri is he daughter, right? Conceived in the "natural way"? I thought so, anyway.

o

I'm not surprised. I think his belief in Scientology has a lot to do with it. Katie has not done any acting since they married. And Suri looks whacko! I always thought it was just a matter of time till they split. There,I told you so!

o

Maybe he and John Travolta can hook up now.

o

I've heard that there have been rumours for years off and on about Tom being gay. Just yesterday, some of the yahoo comments commented on he and John Travolta.
Have never heard anything about John T. until then.

o

LOL Mammie!

Pattico, don't listen to him, hang up before he can tell his stories. you have no need to listen to them.

o

Back in the day I could see the beard thing being "needed" but today, not seeing it. After Nicole, Tom certainly could have stayed single. His Scientology commitment is enough of a "beard". George Clooney has never been married. Annette Benning's husband managed to stay single until long after "normal" marrying age. I think they had a love marriage, I just think he is too controlling and into his made up religion (you do know its founder was a fiction writer in the '50's!!)for anyone to love for very long. She had NO IDEA what sort of looney she was getting into and now she has a failed marriage to show for it. Couples have religious differences all the time--but when one is DEEP into a controlling CULT--differences do not begin to describe the issues!

o

Katie has not done any acting since they married.

That's not true - she has been in some movies. She was in the movie Jack & Jill, and she played Jackie Kennedy in the "Kennedy's" mini-series. She has been in a few other TV shows and movies over the past few years.

And probably her biggest role... Mrs. Tom Cruise - LOL! ;)

o

It should be an interesting divorce - I just heard on the news that her father (and I think her brother too) are attorneys specializing in divorce. I hope they also reviewed her pre-nup.

o

This couple will never be on tv talking about their marriage. I do know he loved children and pursued marriage to nice women who never said a bad word about him.
For all we know Tom and Katie agreed on who would file for divorce.
That was the case in my divorce. You can realize that the marriage needs to end and protect each other as you say your good byes.

o

I believe they are saying that she blindsided him, but who really knows and perhaps the reason none of the ex-wives have 'bad-mouthed' him is because he has bought their silence in the form of an agreement.

There was just something not right about him. If you google "Tom Cruise Interview" he babbles on and on about Scientology. "Weird or What" (to quote Captain Kirk).

o

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. I just hope the little girl is protected as much as possible.

As far as him being gay? Who cares? Honestly, I don't give two sh!ts about his, or anyone else's for that matter, sexual orientation.

What I do think is absolutely wrong is if he really is gay, that he married women and had children with them if it was only for "cover". Now THAT is my opinion is wrong anyway you look at it.

For the sake of innocent children, I hope this is kept quiet and civil, and they just leave each other alone.

o

He's not "getting" a divorce - SHE is.
She's the one who is filing.

o

He has also filed for divorce in California. So they are both divorcing, aren't they?

o

Then they BOTH will be divorced :o)

o

Katlan, that's why it keeps coming up that he is gay. It's the "cover" that attracts attention. If he is or not, that doesn't matter. More and more people have come out in the open on their sexual orientation. But to deliberately hide it by marrying for a cover, isn't right. It was said that Mimi Rogers divorced him after only a year or so of marriage, because the marriage was celibate.

The latest to come out are Anderson Cooper and Ann Burrell (foodnetwork chef). No surprise.

o

Well we can't fight the tide...
but I will say this, and maybe someone will hear me.

I've been married 20 years. Most people today would have chosen divorce over working through what we worked through.

I'm glad we worked it out. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but Im glad for it, because my kids will have the benefits that come from an intact family that loves one another and works through problems.

It's not for everyone, but then again, it "IS" for some, who instead choose to walk away because it's not just an option any more, it's expected.

o

Sorry I said Katie hadn't done any acting since their marriage. It seemed to me she "disappeared" from acting. I didn't ever see The Kennedys movie. I should have checked my facts on IMDB.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here