Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The KT Policeperson is At It Again

Posted by suzieque (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 13:55

You really have too much time on your hands and too strong a sense of self-importance, my dear.

(In the middle of a post in an on-topic response to the "My Wife's Aunt" thread, I mentioned that, while not wanting to start a debate, I wouldn't object to a particular form of punishment for the perpetrator. Apparently that one word bothered "her/himself"). This post will go shortly, too, I'm sure. That's fine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The KT Policeperson is At It Again

I agree totally. So sick of the self-rightousness.

o

I've noticed that this forum is monitored more closely than before a certain horrible fiasco a few months ago. It honestly never occurred to me that it was anything other than GardenWeb authorities.

I've noticed in other forums that there seems to be fewer spam posts and that the ones I notice don't stick around very long.

o

We've had at least a couple of posters "fess-up" to reporting various posts.

o

It has been happening in a lot of the forums here.

o

I'm confused. Did just one response get pulled? I've never seen that happen, just an entire thread pulled. Hm.

o

Dedtired, it's not unusual for individual posts to get pulled. Often several in a thread, but not the whole thread, will get reported and pulled.

o

I learn something every day.

o

Let me guess. Was it "castration"? If so, I guess we'll have to stop discussing pet neutering.

o

Haha! Alisande/Sue, I like you so much. You're spot on.

o

Is it possible that it is just Garden web monitoring the Kt...why do you think some person has to be doing it...

o

Ruthie, it may be just Gardenweb. However, as said above, some members have, in the past, admitted to doing so. I don't really care; I just find it comical and often an impediment to conversation.

o

I've thought that there may be some words that trigger a second look. I'm unable to use a certain former vice president's nickname, although no one knew him as "Richard". I can't use the correct term for a female dog either.

Actually, the post in question smelled a little funny to me.

o

Meh... to me it is a non-issue.

IF there is someone (and we don't know that) reporting any post, the powers that be would have to agree with that person to pull the post.
Ultimately the choice is all on GardenWeb personnel. Their board... their rules.

I choose not to care about those things... and I fail to see why some do.

This post was edited by LuAnn_in_PA on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 12:26

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here