I have ever seen. lol

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: this is the most bizarre garage door paint job

Wow. That's different.

o

Awww.. it's actually very cute! More suited as a mural in a child's bedroom than a garage door though IMO. Is this in a subdivision?

o

Yes, Lydia. I was following some signs for a garage sale.
This is in a subdivision. Odd for a garage door! lol

o

I think it is unique and I love different. My HOA president would go nuts if he saw that on my garage door. That would add to my loving it. LOL

o

I must be living in the boonies. I've never seen anything painted on a garage door.

Sue

o

Wow. Love it. I saw one of Marilyn Monroe when I was in Provincetown, but you'd expect it there, not in a subdivision. Wish I had some artistic talent or I might try that myself.

The elephant looks like it is in love with the giraffe.

o

That elephant looks like the giraffe let the air out of it!

LOL!

o

I like it!

Kat, have you ever noticed that house off to the right when you are headed North on I-5 between downtown and the U District that has a huge black and white painting of Bettie Page on the side of it? You can see it from the freeway. Not what I'd paint on the side of my house, but I think it's pretty neat.

o

There's a mural painted on a garage door in my city. It's attached to an old, though lovely, apartment complex from the 1920ties. Quite colorful---been there for several years.

My feeling on HOA's is that the only "Good" Homeowners' Association is a "Dead" Homeowners'Association.

o

Years ago, an associate of mine painted his garage door. It showed a road stretching off into the distance as an extension of hi driveway. The roadside bordered with an occasional evergreen and wild flowers. It was very sticking.

Yep, you guessed it. One night, a drunk drove up his drivewayand tried to continue his trip on the painted roadway - Crash. He drove through the door and smashed into a car parked inside. The garaged car was hit with enough force to drive it to the back wall of the garage and damaged that too.

After repairs, the garage owner redecorated his door, but chose a much different scene.

o

I like it. Maybe an odd couple (in a good way) live there hence the elephant in love with the giraffe. I'm thinking there is some hidden meaning to the owners.

o

I don't like it, it looks like the little elephant is dying or something. Would be much cuter if they were up and playing with eachother!

o

I like the premise, but not the actual painting.
It's distorted.....the poor elephant looks sick or deflated, as mentioned. The trunk goes to a point, and the giraffe's muzzle is too short and round.

Maybe it was done by the homeowner or a member of the family and that's why it's a little less-than-accurate.

o

I agree with Arkansas girl. I think it looks a little creepy. I have never seen a mural on a garage door....that I can think of, anyway.

o

I think it's cute. I don't care what my neighbors do to their own buildings.

o

I wonder why?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here