SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

I went to a beautiful and unique wedding on Saturday.

alisande
9 years ago

The daughter of one of my best friends got married over the weekend, and the reception was held in big, rustic lodge on a private lake where the family has a couple of houses. The weather was perfect.

The bride and groom, high school sweethearts presently living in Europe, arrived at the reception in a canoe! (You can tell she grew up on this lake.) Her mother read a toast, which was repeated by the guests, and then everyone toasted the couple with cider in flutes rimmed with edible gold glitter.

{{!gwi}}

This trio (the bassist was a close friend of my daughter Jill's) played for cocktails and dinner. Another band played traditional folk music for dancing after dinner.

{{!gwi}}

The lodge was transformed for the occasion. Even the very old trophy animals on the walls were decked out with feathers, bow ties, etc.

{{!gwi}}

The ceiling dazzled with tiny gold lights and white feathers dipped in gold glitter.

{{!gwi}}

The perfect setting.

{{!gwi}}

Imagine being surrounded with the heady scent of pine.

{{!gwi}}

And here's the bride and groom. The wedding photographer took a much more beautiful photo of them. I can pose insects better than I can pose people. LOL

{{!gwi}}

The wedding was actually a 3-day event. I skipped the BBQ Friday night, but came back to the lodge on Sunday for a fabulous brunch. It was an all-around lovely event--the perfect combination of elegance, creativity, and lighthearted fun.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH