Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Enlighten Me!

Posted by lovemrmewey (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 12:41

Can anyone tell me why the Kardashians appear so frequently on every site of the Web? I don't understand the talent or appeal of these people. What is the attraction here for the world!

I don't understand the qualities of Jennifer Anniston either that make her so newsworthy, by the way!

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Enlighten Me!

I heard a radio report that Kim Kardashian calls paparazzi when she is going to be somewhere. The deal is that he shows up to take her picture, but she gets a cut of the income from the picture.

Other than that, I don't get it either. The whole clan is a money making machine, but not worthy of admiration other than that.

o

I don't get kardashians either....or Paris Hilton....Jennifer Anniston is at least an accomplished actress.

o

Because they, and their handlers, are smart enough to know there's no such thing as bad publicity in celebrity circles. Yes, they have fans, but they are very much aware that a LOT of people don't like them, or don't get the appeal. It doesn't matter - it still makes money. Whether you look at their picture and admire the style, or you look and sneer at why these people are famous, it still makes them money, and the photographers money, and the publication money. If no one looked, these pictures and articles would be worth nothing and they would disappear.

The funny thing is that people who trash them for being everywhere are actively contributing to that. The more you talk about them, even asking what the big deal is about them, the more you increase their brand and increase the chances you will continue to see them everywhere.

o

They're just one of too many manifestations of the dumbing down of society and popular culture.

o

Okay He:: just froze over...I completely agree with Snidely lol

o

What these 'sightings' lack is a cop telling people, "Move along. Move along. Nothing to see here."

o

I agree with Snidely as well. (But I often do)

And, I don't get the appeal of Jennifer Aniston either. Never did. Her dad is some big soap star which is how she probably got her start in the business. She is a one-trick pony in lightweight comedy. JMHO.

o

Outside of reality tv, what has one Kardashian ever accomplished that is note worthy? Started a fashion shop? Failed as a model? Tons of people have done those things. Seems its all based on their father's fame as the OJ attorney, not that he did us any favors there.

I think Jennifer has true talent and has found her niche. She is rather charming.

o

I've always ignored them just scroll by

o

Don't know either one. So no big deal.

o

I heard in a recent interview with a once famous Hollywood couple that they had a close relationship with the paparazzi, unbeknownst to the public. The couple would always alert them as to their whereabouts. Profits from photos that were sold by paparazzi were split with the couple. I wouldn't be surprised if "momager" Chris Kardashian has the same type of relationship with the paparazzi.

o

Kim Kartrashian makes a lot of money just walking down the street pushing a baby carriage with half of each breast showing because America and the rest of the world screams to see it...or them......Jennifer at least is a movie star...Kim is a fake boob nobody married to a fake boob...unfortunately there is a whole family of Kartrashians produced by the Moma Kris Biggist Kartrashian...

This post was edited by ruthieg__tx on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 17:24

o

I wouldn't know them even if you pointed them out. I don't actively avoid them, I guess I just don't read about things that are related. We don't have tv either...

o

Thanks! Glad to know some folks agree and didn't know about her Dad. I've never watched her shows (tried once but it was so stale). I don't read about the K's; don't know how many or which is which, but everything I look at seems to have some K's face (or part of her anatomy). I know it's all moneymaking, of course.

o

Snidely, for once, I completely agree with you!

o

Does anyone on TV think about getting an education these days? 2 of the Kardashians have earned a college degree. Appalling. I am SO over them.

o

Rather, why would they get a college degree, if they can make millions of dollars just 'being' and 'doing'?

Here is a very interesting list of famous people who didn't finish high school or go to college:

http://overmanwarrior.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/successful-people-that-didnt-go-to-college/

Here is a link that might be useful: Successful people who didn't go to college

o

The Romans were big on entertainment ...

... while their empire was falling apart.

o j

o

The U.S. is big on entertainment ...

... while their empire is falling apart.

o j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here