Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BK's new Bacon Sundae! Not ME! Would you?

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 11:54

The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BK's new Bacon Sundae! Not ME! Would you?

Id try it! I love bacon and the salty sweet thing.After all we eat bacon with pancakes and syrup.

o
RE: BK's new Bavvcon Sundae! Not ME! Would you?

It does look delicious!

o

I've got to take a different stance here, I think it looks disgusting. Not a chance I would like it.

I've never been one to mix savory and sweet anyway, dishes that contain fruit and meat for example, pineapple/pizza, ham/pineapple, sweet/sour chicken. When guests were here from Croatia they spent a whole afternoon preparing a special dinner for us that was beef with plums (beef being an expensive rarity for them) that I ate - but because I love them, didn't love the dinner :)

o

That just doesn't appeal to me. I love bacon but not with chocolate, caramel and vanilla ice cream. Shudder!!

Boy, I hope they don't try to sell those in NYC. Mayor Bloomberg would have them closed down :-)

o

Not appealing to me at all either.

o

The sundae looks good, but hold the bacon. :)

o

It isn't exactly on my healthy-eating plan. I'm thinking that it is probably quite tasty, though.

o

Wait, this is actually ice cream with bacon?? I've seen these types of Sundaes before, and they are usually made with mashed potatoes, gravy and cherry tomatoes in place of the ice cream, chocolate sauce and cherry.

o

I would give it taste, not something I can see my self ordering though.

o

Give me bacon and give me ice cream but not together.
But I would try a bite of one.

o

one of the gals on the talk shows tried it and said not bad...but if the bacon isn't cooked just righ??? yuck!

o

18 grams of fat! Yowsers!

There is bacon on everything these days! Bacon on cupcakes, bacon in chocolate bars, I just saw a Bacon Maple Bar.

o

I'd love to have one bite just because I am curious about how it tastes. I love the taste of coffee ice cream with pretzels, so I might like this. Whether or not I liked it, I would never go beyond that one bite. I can't even remember the last time I was in a fast food place.

o

Some day I might try it at home just out of curiosity. Maybe. All I can think of is arteries clogging up.

o

I don't usually go to BK but I plan to try this sundae. Everything is better with bacon.
Yum. I love the maple, bacon cupcakes.

o

That's a lot of calories and fat, but doesn't come close to a Whopper! I don't care for soft serve ice cream, but maybe bacon as a Cold Stone mix-in, might be worth a try. LOL

o

Ice cream with salted nuts is a big favorite. I tried Diane Sawyer's addiction of crushed potato chips as a topping and loved it. As long as the bacon is a good bacon (not likely at BK? ) and very crispy, I wouldn't hesitate to try it. I love a good peanut butter and bacon sandwich...not such a big stretch.

o

I don't go to fast food restaurants that often but might try it "to go"...

o

GROSS! I love love love ice cream and adore the smell and taste together of bacon, but they sound terrible together. If they gave me one for free, I'd taste it. But I don't think I'd like it.

o

I don't think I'd like that. It doesn't look appetizing.

o

I'd try it and I'm pretty sure I'd like it. Bring it on, bring it on!

o

I love bacon on toast with strawberry jam but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to ice cream. No thank you. You can have mine.

o

An artery clogger for sure!

o

I've made bacon candy before, and it was most delightful!

Guess I'd have to sample if they passed out samples.

o

Picked up one for DH today, his request, and he gave it 2 thumbs up! I didn't try it, will next time I get him one.
Kathy G in MI

o

I love salty and sweet, but that just sounds disgusting!

o

Here's a review, with some funny comments.

I'll try it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bacon sundae

o

My DGD makes a French Toast Maple Bacon cup cake. She also makes a Pancake Maple Bacon cup cake. This is the French Toast one. Customers like them for Breakfast.

Sue

o

I'd eat that cupcake in a heartbeat!

Loved that review and the comments, Sushi, they sure made me smile. Thinking about that "bacon shot". Might be too much even for me!

o

wow, the cupcake looks delicious!

o

I don't eat bacon or ice cream, but it's probably delicious. Or not. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here