SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

I got it!!!

patti43
9 years ago

Been a while since I've posted. I do read daily, but haven't really had much to contribute. I found out yesterday that I get the condo I wanted so badly. It's just about perfect. It has 1555 sq.ft., 2 br/2 ba, washer and dryer, a wonderful updated kitchen with granite countertops, a huge pantry, two lazy susan cabinets for my canned goods, new wood cabinets and what looks to be a Jenn-Aire stove. I hope it is as I've had them before and like them a lot. It has lots of storage and parking is under the building. Extra storage down there. I think it's eight stories high but my condo (I like the sound of that) is on the first floor (but the first floor is elevated due to the garage being ground level). It is waterfront, but I'm not sure how great the view will be. It's on the grounds of an old resort and is manned and gated. the area is old upper class and probably a lot safer than other areas around the Clearwater-Largo area.

I didn't think I had a chance since it came furnished the owner wasn't willing to put that furniture in storage. After giving it some thought, I decided to ask if they could just remove the living room furniture and after what seemed like eons, they said they would. That was really good because they have a big pinkish-red sectional sofa and three cheap looking wicker chairs. Plus, I have two brand new chairs in my living room that I just bought. My bedroom furniture leaves a lot to be desired, but the mattresses are good. I'm not attached to my dining table either and in the Florida room I have a couch and two chairs and some other furniture, so I can sell it partially furnished and hopefully make a little more.

I have several things I want done here before I go--replace the backsplash and paint the kitchen and tile the screened porch. Then I will put this on the market and be ready to go. Sure hope it sells.

Harry's daughter, SIL and one GD are here visiting for the week. SIL is cleaning up the garage for me. I had it pretty clean, but it doesn't take long to mess it up. But I'm enjoying their visit so much.

Still have the home health care nurse and physical therapist come twice a week. Feeling good most days, lousy the others. I'm on low BP meds now and hoping my dizziness will go away. Get tired easily but I guess that's just part of it.

That's my good news and you are all welcome to come visit (especially before the move when it comes packing up boxes time). LOL!

Comments (27)