SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zeetera

Will need the power of the KT again

zeetera
11 years ago

I've seen it work over the years and it helped the last time I received test results.

Still no chemo arranged but I did see the visiting oncologist here and she's totally disagreeing with the Lahey oncologist. She said she's better than Lahey.

So it seems as if I have a very aggressive, rare cancer and she's taking it as Triple Negative. Found this out on Friday. Before chemo can start I'll have to find out if and where it's spread in the body. This can determine if I have months or years left. She is putting me on a drug regime that is used in trials for people with Triple Negative.

On Wednesday morning I'll be having the CT and bone scans, which I've been dreading. If you don't mind keeping me in your thoughts until I receive the results.

Right now I'm beyond my breaking point. I dread weekdays and breathe a sigh of relief when 5:00pm comes because I know I won't be getting any more phone calls.

Hopefully I'll relax some when treatment starts.

Thank you again for supporting me and listening to the whining. Feel like I'm living in a nightmare.

Comments (49)

• jae_tn2
    11 years ago

Whine all you want and need to do. We will do the praying and hoping for miracles...right along with you also.

• gemini40
    11 years ago

I can't imagine what you are going through Z, but be assured everybody at the KT is here for you..so cry, complain do whatever you want. Prayers will continue for you. One day at a time Z. that is all you need to get through. Take care.

June

• sheesh
    11 years ago

You really are living in a nightmare. I'm sorry, Zeetera.

• pam_25f
    11 years ago

You are not whining! You can come here and say whatever you want as often as you want. God bless you.

• jkayd_il5
    11 years ago

So sorry you are going through this. My prayers are with you. Judy

• luckygardnr
    11 years ago

Hugs and prayers for you! Good thoughts that you'll get your results ASAP!

• dedtired
    11 years ago

Oh Zeetera, I am so sorry you are going through this. I am sending my very best healing thoughts, for Wednesday and all days.

• ivamae
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry. As said - One day at a time-. If that is too hard, strive for just one hour at a time. All the best. My thoughts and prayers are with you

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

You have every right to whine, and we are happy to listen and support you. You will be in my special thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

• gadgets
    11 years ago

You call it whining, but I call it a cry for help. I don't think I could do nearly as well as you have been. You have my prayers for a totally successful outcome.

Shirley

• Jodi_SoCal
    11 years ago

Z, I know that having a positive attitude seems like the most difficult thing ever right now, please know that it can help immensely with your outcome. I think of you daily and hope treatment begins soon.

Jodi-

• elaineinnj
    11 years ago

I am so sorry that you are going through this, you are in my prayers.

~~Elaine~~

• 3katz4me
    11 years ago

I'm not terribly regular here at the KT but have been following your saga with particular interest since I've had cancer a couple times myself. And I have a new scare with an ovarian mass that may or may not be malignant - will find out during surgery tomorrow. So I have some idea how terrifying it is to be in that stage where you're trying to understand what you're dealing with and what you will have to do.

My SIL has had breast cancer and I think I've heard her mention that triple negative. I didn't know what it is so I did a little reading. It sounds like there is a lot of research and studies being done for this with good results. It also said because there is so much new information it's not unusual for oncologists to have different opinions on what's best - as you have experienced.

Everyone's case is different of course but I have a friend who was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer about five years ago. I just saw her last weekend and she looks and feels great. Her disease will not be cured but it is in control and she is fully enjoying life.

If at all possible try to think positive even though it's a terribly frightening time. It sounds like there are many possibilities for treatment for what you have and you may have good times ahead once you get through these most difficult times

• glenda_al
    11 years ago

Sorry hear, but thinking positive with hugs and special thoughts!

• dex215
    11 years ago

My heart goes out to you. I will pray for a good outcome from your scans.

• Kathsgrdn
    11 years ago

((((Zeetera)))) Have a friend who just finished radiation treatments and is feeling great. We're here to listen to you.

• lydia1959
    11 years ago

(((Zeetera))) Keeping you in my prayers!

• kathyg_in_mi
    11 years ago

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you. glad you can "talk" to us about it.

• alisande
    11 years ago

(((Zeetera))) I hope you can feel our support!

• chloecat
    11 years ago

Triple negative actually DOES have a good side: That is the ONE type of breast cancer that is considered CURED after 5 years of no recurrence.

Good luck - hope you get your treatments straightened out. In my opinion, you'd be best served by choosing ONE doctor/treatment facility and going with that - no looking back. Otherwise, you will drive yourself crazy with the "what if" scenarios running through your head.

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Cry and whine all you like. And when you have done that, do it again. Then, try to relax. ((((HUGS))))

You are in my thoughts.

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Release all your anxiety on us - we are here for you! We will all pray and wish the best for you.

• FlamingO in AR
    11 years ago

I'm thinking of ya, Zee....... try to keep a good thought in your head all the time, maybe that'll help. Good luck, sweetie!

• jude31
    11 years ago

You have my prayers also, Z and (((HUGS))) are there, always.

jude

• donna37
    11 years ago

Thinking good thoughts for you and Gibby3000.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Zee not only am I praying for you but I'm also swearing for you. Let it out girl. Rant, rave, do whatever it takes to release your stress. This is a very scary situation for with mountains of stress attached to it. Anxiety must be all over you right now. I'm so proud of you for opening up and sharing. I tend to shut down but you're teaching me a great lesson and I'm so impressed with the outpouring of loving concern plus the prayers. Let's pound the heavens with our prayers.

• Lily316
    11 years ago

Whine away, Zee. That's what we're here for. I can't give any advice, since I had never heard of what you are referring to, but know you're in my thoughts and my good wishes go out to you.

• carol_in_california
    11 years ago

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Keep us updated when you can and know all the prayers being offered in your name will have a positive effect.

• nanny98
    11 years ago

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

• patti43
    11 years ago

Sign my name to all the above wishes. They've said it all. Will pray extra hard on Wednesday. While you're having the tests, imagine all of us in the waiting room waiting to hear :-) Because we will be there with you in our thoughts.

• sleeperblues
    11 years ago

I am so sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts.

• mboston_gw
    11 years ago

Prayers being said to get you through the tests and under treatment soon. You have waited long enough to get things started.

• ont_gal
    11 years ago

Thinking only the best thoughts for you and praying for super good test results this week-(((((Hugs.)))))

• mamatoad
    11 years ago

I am continuing to pray for you and I will listen whenever you feel like whining. I know it must be a frightening time for you and I will continue sending good thoughts and prayers as long as you need them. Please keep us posted on your journey.

• joyfulguy
    11 years ago

(((((Zeetera)))))

Sending good thoughts with hopes that the reports will be good.

Plus offering some prayers that things may develop as well as possible, with uneventful and uncomplicated healing.

ole joyful

• kacram
    11 years ago

Well, I'm headed to the store right now to pick up the
    cheese and crackers, I'll make sure to buy a gross of each
    so make sure you come here to whine a lot! I need that
    whine with my cheese and crackers! lol

I just did a search for you, I hadn't read anything lately
    I'm glad I found this. I hope your tests went well today,
    we are here. I know sometimes you get just too tired
    to turn on the computer and type. That's okay. We are here
    all the time. You can get through this... I know you can

(((((ZEETERA))))))

• taigen_gw
    11 years ago

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope today wasn't too hard on you.

• Jasdip
    11 years ago

Hi Z. I'm hoping today wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Good thoughts and best wishes for good test results.
    You've got the power of the KT behind you!

• Georgysmom
    11 years ago

I hope all went well today.. ((((Zeetera))).

• satine_gw
    11 years ago

Thinking of you this minute. Satine

• User
    11 years ago

So very sorry, you have a lot of caring friends here,. I know it must be a great comfort to you.
    Wishing you the very best.

Best wishes going out to gibby too.

• gardenspice
    11 years ago

Zeetera - I'm sending you best thoughts. I hope today went well.

• countrygal_905
    11 years ago

Zeetera - I am praying for you now.

• jackie643
    11 years ago

Prayers going out to you from Wisconsin.

• matti5
    11 years ago

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you!

• kacram
    11 years ago

I hope you get the results soon. I hate how long you have to wait to receive those. hang in there kiddo.. you CAN do this. you WILL do this...

Here is a link that might be useful: thins I wish I was told when I was told i had cancer

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

(((((Zeetera)))))

• sjerin
    11 years ago

I've been keeping you in my prayers and will continue to do so. Come here to yell, scream and cry anytime, zeetera!

• wildchild
    11 years ago

Yes this is a nightmare of a situation to be in. The waiting and not really knowing what you are facing must be especially difficult.

You will be in my thoughts. I hope your test results show promise and that you are able to start a treatment that will bring you success and recovery.

Please keep us updated. Thoughts of healing and strength are going out from me to you.