SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

A rotten three days

secsteve
9 years ago

Many of you may remember I posted about our friend having Stage IV lung cancer. Our dear friend passed away on memorial day.

Sunday was the wake and Monday was the memorial mass. The turn out for both was amazing, but then again, she was an amazing woman. The two round trips took a lot out of both of us, and then to top it off, Tuesday night I had chills and fever. No idea what caused it but moving a snails pace today.

The wake and mass were wonderful. So many wonderful things said about her. Her daughters had put together a slide show from Liz's early life up to near the end. George and I were moved when we saw the picture of Liz with us at our Civil Union. Her biggest regret she shared with us while she was still able was the fact that she was going to miss our 1st/35th anniversary celebration. I managed to hold on till we left her condo and then I lost it in the parking lot. Her daughter was so glad that I did, but understood how I felt. She said at the mass that Liz was always talking about Steve and George this and Steve and George that.

The memories all of us theater people shared of her were heartwarming. She not only acted, but produced, stage managed, did props and much more.

I know she'll be there with us in spirit. Rest in peace dearest friend.

Comments (11)