Matt Dunigan Road Grill

Ingredients

Wild Berry Port Sauce

2 cups ruby port
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 shallot sliced thin
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh peeled ginger
Zest of 1 large orange
2 cups mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry etc.) whatever is market fresh
Salt and pepper to taste

Pork Tenderloin

2 whole Pork tenderloins trimmed and silver skin remove
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

Wild Berry Port Sauce

To prepare the sauce, combine the port, thyme, shallot, ginger and orange zest in a medium sized saucepan.

Set the pan over medium heat bring to a boil then reduce to low heat and simmer.

Simmer until reduced by half. Strain the liquid using a fine mesh strainer.

Add the berries to the hot liquid and stir to release juices in the sauce without killing the tender berries.

Season to taste with salt and pepper and reserve sauce for later.

Pork Tenderloin

Preheat barbeque: 2 burners set to medium high (375F) (190C), and 2 other burners set to low setting (275F) (135C). Brush grill with oil to prevent sticking.

Season the pork with salt and pepper, sprinkle evenly with rosemary and drizzle with olive oil.

Place the pork tenderloins directly on the grill over the medium high heat burners.

Cook for 3-4 minutes or until nice golden char marks are achieved.

Flip the tenderloin and continue to cook the pork until both sides are nicely charred. Roll tenderloin on its sides to get equal charring all over the loin and to provide more flavors.

Once the tenderloin is nicely charred, place the pork over low heat, close lid and cook a further 5 - 8 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads (150F) (65C). Half way through cooking, turn the tenderloins.

Remove pork from the grill, loosely tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.

Slice and serve with a spoonful of the wild berry sauce.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, June 28, 2012

I've never made a peanut sauce, and don't even think I've had one in a restaurant. They are very popular, though.

The reviews on this were all good, except that if you use commercial peanut butter, either add more, or reduce the water to make it thicker. You don't need to do this if using natural peanut butter, apparently.

Gingery Peanut Noodles (Real Simple)

1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
8 ounces spaghetti (1/2 box)
1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 English cucumber, cut into strips
2 scallions, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped unsalted roasted peanuts

Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.

In a blender, combine 1 cup water with the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Blend until smooth.

Add the peanut mixture, chicken, bell pepper, cucumber, and scallions to the pasta pot and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the peanuts.

o

BACON AND POTATO BREAKFAST BAKE (One Lovely Life)

1 (12oz) package bacon (I prefer nitrate-free)
4c diced potatoes (about 4 medium-small potatoes)
3 green onions
1c pepper jack cheese
1c cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 eggs
1c milk
olive oil
salt and pepper

Cook bacon and crumble it. (I cooked mine in the oven on two foil-lined baking sheets at 375 degrees 20-25 minutes. You can do it any way you please.)

While the bacon is cooking, cook potatoes in a large saute pan with olive oil and a little salt and pepper over medium heat until golden brown. Alternatively, you could roast them in the oven or use leftover cooked potatoes.

Spray an 8x8" baking dish with nonstick spray. Place potatoes in the bottom. Sprinkle with pepper jack and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with green onions.

In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture gently over the potatoes, cheese, and green onions. Sprinkle bacon over top of all. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. When ready to cook, bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set. Allow to stand 15 minutes before cutting.

o

Baked Beans

2 (16-ounce) cans baked beans
2 (2.8-ounce) cans French-fried onions
1/4 cup molasses
3 tablespoons real bacon bits
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 tablespoon butter, softened

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2.In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except one can of French-fried onions; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
3.Top with remaining can of French-fried onions and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and the onions are golden. Serve immediately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here