Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, June 22, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 1:14

This would be beautiful for a July 4th dessert!

Summer Berry and Coconut Pudding Tart
Lifes Ambrosia
Serves 8
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon bakers sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 can coconut milk (not fat free)
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 ounces fresh raspberries
6 ounces fresh blackberries
6 ounces fresh blueberries

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cracker crumbs, melted coconut oil and 1 tablespoon bakers sugar together in a bowl. Mix well. Press into the bottom of a tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the pudding.

Combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and kosher salt in a bowl.

Heat coconut milk in a pan over medium heat just until the edges begin to bubble. Slowly whisk in 1/4 of the cornstarch mixture. Mix until dissolved, being careful of clumps. Repeat until all of the cornstarch mixture is mixed in. Continue cooking, over medium low heat until thickened , 5 to 7 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour pudding mixture into cooled crust. Cover, pressing plastic wrap against the top of the pudding and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours until set.

When ready to eat, mix berries together in a bowl. Scatter over the top of the pudding. Serve chilled.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, June 22, 2012

I just love Southern Plate recipes so I had to share this one from today.
Easy eggless Peach Ice Cream. Has anyone tried it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy eggless Peach Ice Cream

o

easy cobbler

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
2 cups sliced fresh peaches

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Melt butter in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
Blend together flour, baking powder, sugar, and milk.
Pour batter in baking dish over the butter. Sprinkle fruit on top of the batter, do not stir. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. do not stir

o

Its just downright too hot to cook today so for supper tonight I am making a couple huge chef salads...

Iceburg & Arugula lettuce, spinach, Juliene carrot strips, Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, sections of boiled eggs and canned beets cut in strips..Cheddar and swiss cheese strips, turkey strips and ham strips.

For a dressing I am making my Grandmothers recipee for a Ranch dressing...

Grandmothers Ranch dressing:

1cup mayonaise
1 cup milk
1/4 cup white or cider vinegar (I prefer cyder)
2 Tbs yellow salad mustard
2 TBS sugar
1 Tbs course ground black pepper
1/2tsp salt

Put all the ingredients in a mayonaise jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously.. Chill until ready to serve.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here