Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homemade Pizza sauce?

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 10 at 23:27

Do you make your own, do you have a favorite recipe you can share?
I already went to the recipe forum but some of those boards are so slow they aren't moving, so I came here with my request.

If you have a great crust recipe I'd love to try it also.

BTW, is there a difference in spaghitti sauce and pizza sauce?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homemade Pizza sauce?

Valentino's Pizza crust is the best ever. My daughter will have an extra slice of pizza just so she can have more crust. Now who ever heard of that happening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Valentino's Pizza Crust Recipe

o

My father, 100% Italian, made the best pizza (actually, all of his Italian recipies were the best!). He always used his homemade spaghetti sauce on pizza.

o

Everyone I know uses their homemade spaghetti sauce too!

o

I buy jarred. I'm willing to try mking my own. DH says his Grandmother (now long gone) made the best pizza and sauce he ever had. We one got a take-out pizza with olives and artichokes that was close to his Gramnda's.

o

I do it all from scratch. YUM! Yes....jarred spaghetti sauce is fine to use.

Crust: I use a bread machine. 3 cups regular flour
2 1/2 tsp baking yeast(sold @ health food stores, it's "not" quick rising)
1 1/4 cups water

The machine mixes and kneeds the dough, lets it rise then kneads again. Ready in 1 1/2 hours.

16" pizza pan, grease with butter, sprinkle with corn meal(if you want to), flour your hands, spread dough onto pan.

8oz tom sauce
1 roma tomato diced
1/4 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 red bell pepper diced
Mushrooms or olives....or other toppings
1/2 tsp dry basil
6oz sliced pepparoni OR 1 lb sausage(cooked)
12oz motzarella cheese, grated

put on pizza in the order listed....bake @ 450 for 25 minutes,If you have a convection oven put a cookie sheet on the rack above the pizza, remove the pan after 25 minutes, bake another 5 minutes to toast the cheese a little.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here