Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cape Cod Lighthouses

Posted by Nita__AZ (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 21:45

There were so many lighthouses around Cape Cod that we couldn't get to them all. We even went to Martha's Vineyard and saw a couple there also.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cape Cod Lighthouses

If you go up to Maine don't miss the Portland Headlight. It's the prettiest one I've ever seen. I love lighthouses.

o

Great pictures Nita! Thanks for taking us along on your beautiful trip.

o

Glad to see the Lighthouses on Old Cape Cod.... and nice the weather is getting warmer for you as well Nita.Enjoy your stay .Try the Kreme and Kone on 28 in w.Dennis for some great food as a suggestion, and Captain Parkers on 28 S. Yarmouth.

o

Thanks for posting. I'm a lighthouse fan.

o

I love lighthouses, your pictures are so pretty. I have never actually seen one in person.

o

Did you take the tour on Martha's Island? Go to the stores, especially the book store (if it was still there)? We did many years ago and it was well worth it.
Marie

o

NITA...you were on Cape Cod? I know I'm out of the KT loop but...crap on a cracker...if I had known you were here, we could have met for lunch!

From your pictures I can see that you were in Truro, Three sisters in Eastham, Fort Hill in Eastham...where I have lunch at least twice a month, Chatham and the ferry going to MV? I hope you were able to stop at some of the historic cemeteries along the way, lots of pilgrims graves and markers.

Oooo..did you make it to First Encounter Beach in Eastham?...that's where the Pilgrims met the Indians for the first time. Did you see all the Windmills along the way? Saltbox houses, cranberry bogs, seals? I could have given you a guided tour!

I hope you had a good time and as I remember, the weather was good on the 11th and even all this week. You made it on and off the Cape before the major pollen bloom which believe me, is a very, very good thing to have missed!

I hope you come back...lots of good food to eat and lots of fun things to do! So sorry I missed you!

sooey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here