SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

Dinner last night and thanks, TrixieTX!

patti43
12 years ago

Last night I finally had everything to make your recipe for green chili cheese rice, TrixieTx. Man, that stuff is so good it's addictive. I made it just like your recipe except I was trying to make two recipes at once and added the tops of 4 green onions. Figured it wouldn't hurt it. Also left out the salt, since I'd salted the rice while it was cooking.

So thank you, thank you! It will definitely be something I make often. In fact, I tasted it to check if I needed the extra salt and I think it's be great cold and served as a salad. Maybe add some chicken or shrimp. It's so good!!

If you missed it, here's the recipe and I really think you should try it :-) You'll like it!

GREEN CHILI CHEESE AND RICE CASSEROLE (Trixietx@KT)

1 cup long grain rice

2 cups boiling water

1 tsp. salt

1 tablespoon butter

1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles

1-1/3 cups sour cream

Salt and pepper to taste

3/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. ground cumin

2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded

Cook rice according to directions in water with salt and butter. Combine rice, chiles, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese. Turn into a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and rice is heated through.

Comments (3)