Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would you like to have a banana split?

Posted by Nita__AZ (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 20:50

We are at Hanscom AFB outside of Boston for a few days. Tonight after dinner we went to Kimbal Farm's for ice cream. You haven't lived until you have had a banana split from there. Mine was maple walnut, mocha almond and chocolate almond with the works. I ate the whole thing and it was sooooo good. Timm and I are big ice cream fans so I told him we would have to come one more time before we head out for Maine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
They also had some farm animals. I loved this goat with his full beard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would you like to have a banana split?

That looks SO GOOD!!! But I am not sure I could eat it all.

o

omg that looks great! cute goat lol

o

I luurve banana splits. I am green with envy!

o

I love banana splits, but I doubt I could have eaten the whole thing--unless I hadn't had anything else to eat all day.

o

Oh yeah....I could eat all that, too! YUM!

o

Wow,how many calories?

o

Oh wow! It certainly looks yummy! Perrrr-dy goat :)

o

Kimballs always wins the best ice cream stand award by far every year.
We here in N.E. are the biggest consumers of ice cream in the country I do Believe... and yes I could consume that banana split with no problem....
Calories......who cares...so delicious.

o

Now that's the kind of banana splits I remember from my childhood - real ice cream with different toppings like choc, pineapple, strawberry - not just vanilla soft serve and syrups. And not for $5. Altho I'd probably pay that for the banana split you got.

o

I don't think I have ever seen a banana split look "that" delicious. I know I could not eat the whole thing, but I'd sure give it a good try. Nita....now you have made me and my hubby hungry for one. Ivan just said it would be a meal in itself.

o

Kimball's is about 2 miles from my house. Great place!

o

Now, that is a banana split worth busting your diet for!

Nita, it reminds me of Cooks Dairy near where we lived in Michigan. The best ice cream treats, but when the cows were in the pasture next to the parking lot they would come to the fence to watch you eat up the product they provided. In the heat of summer, you didn't need to see the cows to know that they were around, if you get my 'drift'. Had to eat in the car with the windows rolled up. Bill observed also that when it was really hot, it would be wise to watch out for the pasture flies wanting to cool their feet in your ice cream.

o

That would kill me........I would have a sugar meltdown....

o

I don't know if I could eat that whole thing, but I would be willing to die trying. ;)

o

Looks delicious. I used to go to an ice cream shop that called their big sundae "The Kitchen Sink." It was enough for 4 people. You got a prize if you could eat one all by yourself.

o

Looks delicious but I would only want to eat about 1/3 of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here