SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Not sure what to do now...

Kathsgrdn
9 years ago

The laminate flooring was going down so nicely yesterday. We had six rows. Got up today and one of the rows was not in place. It had moved. So we had to take down two rows to fix it. Which screwed up all the other rows. One of Lauren's friends came to help but when Lauren was tapping in the pieces her friend didn't hold them down and it ruined several board ends, including the pain in the butt pieces around the register. I was cutting other boards and getting them ready for the new rows and so we switched "jobs".

Lauren wasn't in a good mood to start... and decided not to work anymore. She's not feeling good she said, I understand but I'm a little annoyed that she has been telling me for two months she would help me with this and has only worked about 4 hours yesterday on it. I only have till Sunday to get this done. It's not going to happen now.

I then tried to work on it myself and there's no way to hold the boards by myself and cut them with a jigsaw...it vibrates too much so I screwed up another board which I promptly threw up against the wall. Yep, I was pissed and lost my temper. I've been crying ever since...went for a short drive to cool off. Tried to come back and cut it with a regular saw...it works but when I tried to put the boards back together, the stupid things knock out the other rows. Someone has to be standing on the other rows already done or it messes them all up. I don't know how someone does this by themselves.

So, now I have a mess in the whole house because all the crap from the closets and my wall unit are in the small bedroom, my room and the hallway. Sawdust everywhere and no flooring. I don't know why I thought I could do this myself...feeling really stupid.

So, I either try and sell the remaining boxes and buy the stick on tiles I was originally planning to buy. I let a 17 year old talk me into buying the laminate. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Or live with a partical board floor until I can save up $800 plus to have Lowes come out and do it, which could take months.

Comments (20)