SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Lets share recipes again! 5-7-14

I have not seen the recipes thread so I decided to go ahead and start a new one so I could post that shrimp recipe I promised to post.
Please join in!

Kickin Shrimp Fettuccine

1 lb medium to large shrimp raw and peeled
1/2 lb or so of fettuccine cooked al dente (you can easily cook more pasta there is a lot of sauce)
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup diced onions
3-4 cloves diced garlic or jar garlic
1/2 cup Frank's Hot Wing Sauce (the wing sauce not the plain hot sauce) add more for more kick
1 packet of Ranch dry dressing mix
2 TBS sour cream (heaping)
2-3 TBS Ken's blue cheese vinaigrette salad dressing, regular blue cheese dressing and be substituted
1/2 lemon squeezed
garlic salt just a sprinkle
2 TBS of parsley dry or fresh chopped
1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese it can be the green can type if that is what you have

Boil pasta till al dente and drain set aside

In a large non stick skillet melt the butter, add the onions and garlic. Saute for about 2 mins till onions are getting clear.
Add the clean raw peeled shrimp to the pot and saute for a minute or so.
Add all of the remaining ingredients in order stirring after each.
Let simmer for about 2-3 minutes to blend, continue stirring.
Add the cooked pasta to the pot and mix well with the shrimp and sauce.
Heat on low to allow the sauce to thicken up and the flavors blend.
Serve with crusty French bread or Garlic Bread and more grated Parmesan cheese.

This will be just a bit spiced and not hot, for more kick and flavor increase the amount of Frank's.

An original recipe RC
This was plate licking good!

Comments (30)

• kayjones
    9 years ago

Raven, could we get recipes that are not so exotic this time? Most of us are of the older generation and many of us don't have the pallet for the gourmet recipes.

• Georgysmom
    9 years ago

Seems to me by the post title that you can post anything you wantâ¦..exotic, everyday fare, sandwiches, casseroles, desserts or whatever recipe you have tried lately or are planning to try and want to share.

Thanks Raven for starting this thread. I don't often contribute because I'm too lazy to follow-up but I will try from time to time.

• Related Discussions

I'll Share My Recipes, If You Share Yours 1/26 - 2/1/14

Q

Comments (21)
    A friend of mine sent me this recipe, and she makes them. She's never baked them in the microwave. I doubt if I would either because I wouldn't bake just one, but it might be worth a try. It sure would be a handy dough to have on hand. Refrigerator Applesauce Wheat Muffins Favorite Recipes --The Muffin Cookbook Mix up this batter and refrigerate in a tightly covered plastic bowl. If you cook for one, you can scoop out batter for one muffin at a time. Bake in the microwave oven for 30 to 50 seconds, or in conventional oven. 3/4 cup All-purpose Flour 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp Salt 1 cup Quick-cooking Rolled Oats 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar 1 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp Baking Soda 3/4 cup Buttermilk 1/4 cup Applesauce 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil 1 egg, beaten 1/4 cup Raisins Directions: In large bowl, combine flours, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In small bowl, combine buttermilk, applesauce, oil and egg until blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in raisins. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 10 days. Microwave: Line 6 microwavable muffin-pan cups with double paper liners. Spoon batter into each cup filling 1/2 full. Microwave at HIGH (100%) power, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Rotate dish 1/2 turn halfway thru cooking. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure. For last 3 muffins, line 3 muffin cups with double paper liners. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Makes about 15 muffins. Conventional: Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or paper-line 12 (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups. Spoon batter into cups. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean Makes 12 muffins. Note: Have never cooked in the Microwave
    ...See More

I'll share my recipes, if you'll share yours - August 7, 2010

Q

Comments (5)
    Calzones a la me Dough 3 c all purpose flour 1.25 c water dash salt dash sugar 1.5 tsp yeast Filling(Note:Can be doubled for a dipping sauce) 3 oz pepperoni 1/2 lb cooked bulk sausage 8oz tom sauce 1/4 c diced onion 1/4 c diced red bell pepper 1/2 tsp basil 1 tsp minced garlic dash of sugar dash of seasoning salt 1/2 lb shredded motzarella cheese. Mix dough ingredients, put aside,let rise for 45 minutes. Mix filling together on stove simmer for 15 mintes on low. Grease a cookie sheet and spread the dough out filling the whole sheet. Then cut it into 4 sections with a bread knife. Put 1/4 of the filling in the middle of each piece of dough. Divide the cheese up and put 1/4 on top of the filling. Pull the sides of the dough over the top of the filling and pinch the edges together. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Note: You can eat these like little sandwiches, dry OR double the filling recipe and pour sauce over the calzones.
    ...See More

I'll Share My Recipe if you Share Yours August 14

Q

Comments (4)
    Greens, White Bean And Barley Soup Serves/Makes: 8 Ready In: Ingredients: 1/2 pound carrots, peeled 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 1/2 cup chopped onions 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms 6 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cooked barley 1 can (16 ounce size) great northern beans, drained and rinsed 2 bay leaves 1 teaspoon sugar 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves 1 1/2 pound collard greens, washed, stemmed and chopped 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar hot pepper sauce red bell pepper strips for garnish Directions: Cut carrots lengthwise into quarters; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add carrots, onions and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add stock, barley, beans, bay leaves, sugar and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add greens; simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves; discard. Stir in vinegar. Season to taste with pepper sauce. Garnish, if desired with red bell pepper strips. From Easy Home Cooking Magazine Sue
    ...See More

I'll share my recipes, if you'll share yours - December 14

Q

Comments (1)
    Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Ingredients a.. 2 heads garlic b.. 6 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered c.. Salt d.. 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper e.. 1/2 cup butter f.. 1 (12-ounce) carton sour cream g.. 1 (8-ounce) block sharp white Cheddar, grated h.. 1 1/2 pounds cooked bacon, julienned Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut tops off 2 garlic heads. Wrap in foil and roast for 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle remove the flesh from the garlic heads and set aside. In a large stockpot, cook potatoes in enough salted water to cover for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to stockpot. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth; adding salt, to taste, pepper, butter, garlic and sour cream. With a spatula stir in cheese and bacon. Add more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve immediately.
    ...See More
  • Jasdip
    9 years ago

Great idea Raven!!!!

This is a great orzo and parmesan recipe that we love.
    It's so easy, and one of Nigella Lawson's.

Pasta Risotto with Peas & Pancetta

â¢2 Tbs. garlic-flavored oil (or add a peeled garlic clove to regular olive oil and cook until golden; discard garlic, use oil)
    6 ounces cubed pancetta (or diced, thick-cut bacon)
    1 1/4 cups frozen petits pois (petite peas)
    8 ounces orzo pasta
    2 1/2 cups boiling water
    Salt, to taste
    1 Tb. soft butter
    2 Tbs. grated Parmesan
    Pepper, to taste

Warm the oil in a heavy pan that will take everything later; a Dutch oven or saucepan of 10 inches diameter should be plenty big enough.

Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until it becomes crisp and bronzed, then add the peas and stir for a minute or so until the frozen look leaves them.

Add the pasta and turn it about in the pancetta and peas, then pour in the boiling water. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, though check on it a couple of times and give a stir or two, to stop it from sticking and to see if you need to add a little more water from the kettle.

When itâÂÂs ready, the pasta should be soft and starchy and the water absorbed. Beat the butter and Parmesan into the pan, check the seasoning, and serve immediately into warm waiting bowls.

Yield: 4 servings

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have no control over what gets posted so go for it any kind of recipe is fine.

I know I certainly don't do much Gourmet cooking. I do tasty and easy mostly lol.

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

Jas, that sounds good!

I cook with very few true recipes. I may use one, as an outline..lol

Tonight's meatballs were 2-1 ground beef and ground pork..handful of panko, egg, onion powder, garlic granules, black pepper and a few good shakes of italian seasoning.

Then the sauce was a jar of Safeway's brand Marinara plus, grated onions browned in the meatball browning pan, beef stock to scrape up the luscious brown bits, can of tomato paste, more italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, pepper and salt, and several shakes of pepper flakes..oh and some dashes of balsamic..then enough beef stock to thin and blend..meatballs back in, and an hour simmer..

• angelaid
    9 years ago

I loved this recipe, but will use corn tortillas from now on.

Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream White sauce

Ingredients

10 small soft flour tortillas (you can use corn but I like flour with chicken)
    3 tablespoons flour
    2 cups chicken broth
    1 cup sour cream
    2 1/2 cups shredded and cooked chicken (we like to use rotisserie chicken)
    3 cups Monterey Jack cheese - shredded
    3 tablespoons butter
    4oz can diced green chillies (I like medium - they are not spicy at all)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Combine shredded chicken and 1 cup of cheese
    Fill tortillas with the mixture above and roll each one then place in a greased 9x13 pan
    Melt butter in a pan over medium heat
    Stir flour into butter and whisk for 1 minute over heat.
    Add broth and whisk together. Cook over heat until it's thick and bubbles up
    Take off heat and add in sour cream and chilies. (be careful it's not too hot or the sour cream will curdle)
    Pour mixture over enchiladas and add remaining cheese to top.
    Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes then you will want to broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.

This post was edited by angelaid on Thu, May 8, 14 at 17:08

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    9 years ago

Coca Cola Pork Chops

8 pork chops
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 cup ketchup
    1 cup of Coca Cola
    Brown Sugar

Place the pork shops in a baking pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste, mix the ketchup and Coke, then pour over the pork chops. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for one hour or till pork chops are tender. Serves 8.

This is from the cook book, More Hoosier Kitchen Favorites.

Sue

• Sugar Plum
    9 years ago

Raven, that shrimp recipe sound great! I am shopping tomorrow and will make it tomorrow night.

I will report back this weekend and post my favorite shrimp/orzo recipe.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh good I hope you enjoy it.
    I would add the Frank's a little bit at a time to get it to your liking, you can always add more for more heat, can't really take away.
    My last batch I got a little heavy handed with it and it was really kickin lol
    Still had great flavors and I ate it all. But my tummy was not happy with me.

• eileen101
    9 years ago

Love it! I am going to make these recipes this week.....we love to try new dishes!
    Eileen

• Orchidllauraga
    9 years ago

This is a recipe that my family loves. This recipe can be cooked in either the oven or the crockpot. I will give you the recipe for the oven. For the crockpot just place the packets in the crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours and on low for 4 hours.

Chicken Packets
    Place all ingredients on a piece of tin foil big enough to seal in chicken breast and ingredients.
    1 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breast per person.
    1/3 cup of Italian dressing
    2 tablespoon of lemon juice
    A dash of salt & pepper each
    Dashes of any seasoning you like until the chicken breast looks like it has been rolled in dirt...lol like oregano, basil, dill weed etc.
    2 strips of bell pepper
    1/2 slice of onion separated into rings
    1 pat of butter or margarine

Seal packets tight. Place on a baking sheet and cook in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until chicken breast is done.

*I normally boil red potatoes with this meal and I dip the pieces of
    red potato in the juice also.

• bob_cville
    9 years ago

I made this Cold Cucumber Yogurt Soup for a potluck I was at this past weekend.

This makes about 36 oz which should serve about 6 as an appetizer

Cold Cucumber Yogurt Soup

3 large cucumbers (peeled and seeded)
    1 1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup plain greek yogurt
    1/3 cup sour cream
    2 Tbsp crushed garlic
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 tsp dill weed

After peeling and seeding cucumbers, chop them into 1/2" cubes and place in colander. Sprinkle all of the salt on the cucumber pieces and let sit for 10 minutes. (to draw out some of the moisture and any bitterness)

Next place salted cucumbers in food processor or blender with all of the remaining ingredients, blend until desired smoothness.

Chill for about an hour and serve.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

This in my to-try binder, from one of our national magazines.

Pork Tenderloin with Asparagus and Warm Citrus Sauce
    (Canadian Living)

1/4 cup (60 mL) natural almonds, chopped
    2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
    2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
    1 lb (400 g) pork tenderloin, trimmed if necessary
    1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
    1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
    2 bunches (each 450 g) asparagus, trimmed
    1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    3/4 cup (175 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
    1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
    1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated orange zest
    3/4 cup (175 mL) basmati rice

Stir together almonds, parsley and lemon juice; set aside.

Sprinkle pork with half each of the salt and pepper. In nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown pork all over, about 6 minutes. Transfer pork and asparagus to foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle asparagus with remaining salt and pepper. Bake in 400 F (200 C) oven until just a hint of pink remains inside pork or instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 160 F (71 C), about 15 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board; tent with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

Add remaining oil to skillet; heat over medium heat. Cook ginger and garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and orange juice; bring to boil. Stirring often, reduce sauce to 1/2 cup, 5 to 7 minutes.

Stir in mustard and orange zest. Cook rice according to package directions; serve with pork, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with almond mixture.

edited to correct the amount of meat, and to add the link to the original recipe

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipe and picture

This post was edited by jasdip on Sun, May 11, 14 at 12:12

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

A few months ago I posted this recipe. It was in my to-try binder.

It has now become my favourite Tried and True brownie recipe. I made it this morning for dessert tonite, for our friends who are coming for dinner.

I do find that it takes about an hour to bake, not the 30 minutes stated in the recipe.

Bittersweet Cocoa Brownies (Fine Cooking) (Tried and True)

2-1/4 oz. (3/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
    1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp. table salt
    5 oz. (10 Tbs.) hot melted unsalted butter
    2 cold large eggs
    1-1/2 oz. (1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
    1 cup broken walnut or pecan pieces (optional)
    Heat the oven to 325ðF. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan (preferably metal) with foil across the bottom and up two opposite sides of the pan.

In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the cocoa, sugar, vanilla, salt, and hot melted butter with a hand mixer or with vigorous strokes of a whisk. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until the batter is thick and lightened in color, 1 to 2 min. Add the flour and stir with a rubber spatula just until blended. Fold in the nuts, if using. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake until the top is puffed and slightly crusted and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little fudge batter clinging to it, 28 to 30 min.

Let the brownies cool completely in the pan on a rack. Lift the ends of the foil to remove them. Invert the brownies on a tray and peel off the foil. Turn the brownies right side up on a cutting board and cut into squares (wipe the knife between each cut, as the brownies will be soft and sticky).

• bob_cville
    9 years ago

Just reading over the pork tenderloin recipe makes me say: don't bother.

It has problems with amounts: 9lb is not 400 gm. The way it includes the asparagus with the pork is a great way to get overcooked asparagus, with no real benefit. It doesn't mention starting the rice until everything else is set to be ready. And most importantly it specifies that the internal temperature should be 160 deg F which will result in overcooked, dried out pork subsequently bathed in a too-thin, excessively-salty sauce.

In my opinion pork tenderloins should be cooked to an internal temperature of 140 deg F and removed to a cutting board and covered with foil. Their sauce might be tasty but I'm sure there's a way to make it with a similar blend of flavors with less work, and less salt. And both the almonds and the basmati rice seem to me to be afterthoughts that wouldn't add much to the overall flavor of the dish.

It has elements of a good dish, but in my opinion the recipe needs work to be great.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Thanks for your input Bob. I corrected the amount of meat.........that was my fault, I accidentally put 9 lb instead of 1 lb, and I have no idea how that happened.

I personally don't like much pink in my pork tenderloin, it tastes piggy to me when it has pink. I don't like it dried out though.

I saw 2 cooking shows yesterday where they said to cook it to 150, so 160 is probably high.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

Here's a very, very simple casserole for left over chicken or turkey. It's the one thing I use a can of soup for, so it must be PDG! Lol

Preheat oven to 350ð, butter a two or three quart casserole.

4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey

1 cup mayo

2 cans mushroom soup

1 cup milk

3 cups Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing

Mix the first four ingredients together and set aside. Place a bit of the dry dressing in the bottom of the casserole, then layer the chicken with the stuffing, making sure that you save some of the stuffing for the top.

Bake for about forty minutes.

Serve with something peas, green beans, broccoli.

• wantoretire_did
    9 years ago

This is so delicious and so easy :-)

Very Berry Fruit Salad - Barefoot Contessa

Ingredients
    1 pint strawberries, hulled and cut in half
    1 pint blueberries
    1 pint raspberries
    1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup sugar
    Fresh mint, for garnish
    Directions
    Place 6 glasses in the refrigerator.

In a large bowl, combine the berries, vinegar and sugar. Stir gently. Cover securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Spoon the berries into the chilled glasses. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    9 years ago

this was just in my Diabetes Self Management magazine and it sounds good. Have not tried it yet.

Oven âÂÂfriedâ chicken

Preparation time: 15 minutes
    Baking time: 20 to"25 minutes

1/3 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
    2 teaspoons sesame seeds
    1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise (not salad dressing mayonnaise)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 dashes cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
    4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425ðF. Place bread crumbs, sesame seeds, and Parmesan cheese in a large zip-top bag and shake gently to combine.

In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and poultry seasoning. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of each piece of chicken with the mayonnaise mixture. Place chicken, one piece at a time, into the bread crumb mixture in the zip-top bag, seal, and shake to coat chicken well. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray chicken evenly with cooking spray.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink in the center.

Yield: 4 servings
    Serving size: 1 chicken breast half
    Nutrition Facts

Per Serving:
    Calories: 238
    Carbohydrate: 9 g
    Protein: 37 g
    Fat: 6 g
    Saturated fat: 2 g
    Sodium: 446 mg
    Fiber: 1 g
    Exchanges per serving: 5 very lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1 fat
    Carbohydrate choices: 1/2

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

A few months ago I posted a Refrigerator Muffin recipe that a friend had sent me. It calls for buttermilk, oatmeal, and raisins. You make the batter and set it in the frig overnight, up to 10 days.

I made it up last nite and baked the muffins this morning. They made 9 muffins. I had expected the batter to expand substantially, because of the buttermilk, but it didn't.

I baked them early this morning. They are "okay" but need more oomph. It is handy, having the mix in the frig, but I don't think I'll keep the recipe. Unless I can tweak it with some flavourings.

9 years ago

Jasdip, when I make something like a quick bread or muffin that needs 'something ', I add some fresh lemon or other zest. Do you think that might make a difference?

9 years ago

Jasdip, when I make something like a quick bread or muffin that needs 'something ', I add some fresh lemon or other zest. Do you think that might make a difference?

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Rhizo, I was thinking the same thing, orange or lemon zest.
    I have lemon zest, I'll need to buy an orange if that isn't the answer.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pineapple upside-down monkey bread

Ingredients
    2 cans (16 oz. each) Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
    ü c. granulated sugar
    þ c. butter
    2/3 c. brown sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    4 c. fresh pineapple, chopped
    Instructions
    Unroll biscuits and cut into sixths.
    Pour ü c. granulated sugar into gallon-size Ziploc bag, add cut biscuits, and shake to coat.
    Melt butter, brown sugar and vanilla over low heat. Pour into a greased 12-cup bundt pan.
    Add chopped pineapple, spreading evenly over melted butter & brown sugar mixture.
    Top with sugar-coated biscuit dough.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 min or until golden brown.
    Remove bread from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
    Recipe by Lemon Tree Dwelling at http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/04/pineapple-upside-down-monkey-bread.html

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just found this recipe and it looks wonderful, I love a good pot pie so this one goes on my to do list.

Chicken pot pie in a skillet

Ingredients

3 Tbsp unsalted butter
    1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
    ý tsp black pepper
    ý tsp kosher salt
    ü cup all-purpose flour
    3 cups chicken stock
    2 cups frozen vegetables , (corn, peas and carrots)
    3 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
    1 tsp dried parsley

Cheesy Drop Biscuits:

2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1 Tbsp granulated sugar
    ý tsp kosher salt
    ý cup unsalted butter, melted
    1 cup whole milk

Directions

Preheat oven to 450ðF.

Melt butter in a (10-inch) oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is browned, about 2 minutes each side.

Add flour and whisk to combine. Slowly add chicken stock while whisking skillet. Whisk until well combined. Add in vegetables and cheese. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium. Allow mixture to come to a boil, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile: In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine well. Add butter and milk. Stir to combine.

Drop biscuits by the rounded tablespoon full on top of pot pie. Place skillet on cookie sheet and then slide into the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.

Sprinkle with fresh parsley, serve and enjoy.

Kitchen Counter

Serves 6. One Skillet Chicken Pot Pie in Just 30 Minutes

and from the same website
    Chicken pot pie SOUP!

Chicken pot pie Soup

Ingredients

1 lb diced chicken
    2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
    þ cup flour, divided
    1 tsp poultry seasoning
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp paprika
    2 cup chicken stock
    1 tsp kosher salt
    ý tsp black pepper
    2 cup milk
    1(16-oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
    handful fresh parsley, chopped

Directions

In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and diced chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through.

Removed chicken from pan and plate on a plate, leaving cooking liquid in pan. Add remaining butter and ü cup flour. Whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients (except chicken, vegetables and flour). Whisk to combine.

In a resealable jar combine 1 cup soup mixture (from pot) and remaining flour. Shake to combine. Add mixture to soup. Whisk to combine.

Add chicken and vegetables to soup. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!

Kitchen Counter

Serves 8.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Skillet pasta is in our regular rotation. It's easy and you can put whatever you like in the dish. When we have fresh green beans, I always add them. I also use whole-wheat pasta.

One-dish Skillet Pasta

l lb linguine or spaghetti (white or whole wheat)
    4 cups (1 carton) vegetable broth
    28-oz can diced tomatoes
    1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
    1/2 tsp crushed pepper flakes
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
    2 tbsp olive oil

Combine all of the ingredients in a large 12-inch skillet, including the uncooked pasta. Drizzle with the olive oil. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until the pasta is al dente, 10 minutes (longer is using whole wheat pasta).

• patti43
    9 years ago

I'm having two different sets of company later this month and think I'll make it for both. Easy enough and it sounds delicious.

FLUFF SALAD (Six Sisters)
    1 (8 oz) container of light Cool Whip
    1 (21 oz) can of Blueberry pie filling
    1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
    2 cups mini marshmallows
    1 cup shredded coconut
    2 bananas, sliced
    In a large bowl combine cool whip, pie filling, and crushed pineapple. Mix it well. Once it is all mixed together, fold in the marshmallows, coconut, and bananas. Refrigerate until cold (30 minutes to an hour). Serve cold. Serves 8.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

We had a great salad with our meal tonite.

Pineapple and Jicama Slaw

1/2 pineapple, cut in thin slices
    1 red pepper, cut in thin slices
    1 small jicama, peeled and cut in thin slices
    2 tsp lime juice
    1 tbsp olive oil

Combine jicama, red pepper and jicama. Stir lime juice and olive oil together and combine with slaw.

• patti43
    9 years ago

This recipe on Pinterest caught my eye this morning. I sure hope I'm able to eat soon, as this seems to be a salad I'd make often (sort of like Georgysmom's ditalini salad). Perfect for summer! You could add chicken if you are allergic to or don't care for shrimp.

I would add less bell pepper and cilantro, I think.

SHRIMP AVOCADO AND TOMATO SALAD

1 lb cooked frozen shrimp or 12 oz thawed & drained, cut in halves
    1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in halves
    2 medium bell peppers, coarsely chopped
    2 medium avocados, cubed
    1/2 long English cucumber, cubed
    1/2 cup cilantro, chopped

Greek Yogurt Dressing:
    1/2 cup Greek yogurt
    2 tsp apple cider vinegar
    1 tiny garlic clove
    1/3 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper

Add Greek Yogurt Dressing ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside for flavors "to marry" each other. In the meanwhile, prep your veggies and add them to a large bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently to combine. Serve chilled. Serves 7.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just bought a big huge sack of giant Vidalia onions! I get them as much as possible while they are available because they are gone so fast. So this is one of the recipes on the list.
    This will also work with the fake crab meat stuff and is pretty good. I have mixed it with the shrimp and really enjoyed it.

Shrimp, Scallop, Spinach and Vidalia Creamy Casserole

Ingredients

8 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed and divided
    Vegetable cooking spray
    2 ý pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
    2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
    5 tablespoons butter, divided
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 Vidalia sweet onion
    1 lb. fresh bay scallops
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
    1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp salt
    ý tsp ground red pepper
    ü cup all purpose flour
    2 cups half- and-half

Instructions

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 ÃÂ 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Peel shrimp and devein. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels
    to remove excess moisture.

Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and onion, sauté until tender (do not brown). Add shrimp and scallops; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
    Stir in cream cheese and next 4 ingredients until blended; remove from heat. Stir in spinach.

Melt remaining ü cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, whisking
    constantly; cook 1 minute.

Gradually add half-and-half; cook, whisking constantly, 6 minutes or until thickened. Stir flour mixture into shrimp mixture. Spoon into prepared baking dish.

Stack phyllo sheets, coating each sheet with cooking spray. Cut into thin strips, using a pizza cutter. Arrange strips, in a lattice pattern, over casserole; coat strips with cooking spray.
    Bake at 400 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!