Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Congratulations to GS on Cy Young award!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 17:59

Mighty proud of my fella!

It was a coaches and team vote!

He'll be a senior next year.

The Cy Young Award was first introduced in 1956 by Commissioner of Baseball Ford Frick in honor of Hall of Fame pitcher Cy Young, who died in 1955.

The award would be given to pitchers only.

This post was edited by glenda_al on Thu, May 16, 13 at 18:02

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Congratulations to GS on Cy Young award!

Well that's just wonderful. Congrats!!

o

Congratulations. I hope that translates into some college scholarships.

o

Congratulations to a great person. I know how proud you are of him.

o

I am very impressed.

I hope he will make the major league before I die....I am so happy for him....and for you.
Go Parke, Jr.

o

Was it a league award, or his HS ?

o

That is wonderful Congrats to him and to you

o

Congrats to your Grandson...that's a very nice award....

o

How great! Looks like a scholarship to me.

o

This pic seems just like yesterday!

o

Terrific! Was there a ceremony? Is it a trophy (hoping for a picture).

o

Congrats to all!

o

It was given out at the end of the year awards program assembly.

Was a surprise to him, as he's a junior with the other senior pitchers. He's been on varsity after first game when he was a freshman and moved right up to varsity.

His parents and I are mighty proud of him.

o

oh glenda thats wonderful..and of course my next question is college scholarship in the future?

o

susan, his senior year is upcoming. We'll see :o)

o

Congratulations to Parke Jr.!!! He's the "Pride of the KT", as we have all watched him grow into a super young man. I know how proud you are of him--and rightfully so.

o

Awesome! I'll bet you won't be able to stop smiling for several days to come!

o

Congratulations, Parke, Jr!! That's quite an accomplishment! We grandmas, here at the KT are very proud of you!

o

Oh Glenda that is so wonderful. Congraulations to Parke .Next year will be an exciting one for sure...Scholarships and Scouts looking for future major league prospects..". ya nevah know " as we say in Boston Strong.

o

Congratulations!

o

Congratulations to Parke for receiving such an honor. My goodness, the difference in the two pictures is amazing. Shows what hard work and talent can do.

We'll both have senior grandsons next year, Glenda. Where does the time go? I don't post much about him--his parents would rather I didn't.

o

Congratulations to Parke Jr. A great accomplishment.

o

To win one you have to be sooo good at what you do and that takes practice and drive. He's going to go places, what a wonderful grandson and he should be so proud of himself.

o

FANTASTIC!!!

An award indicating not just the success of Parker, Jr. but the dedicated TLC he's received throughout his maturation process. An earned accommodation for one and all! Congratulations! A job well done!

Anne

o

Thanks, everyone.

Anne, his dad has been right there with him all along the way.

Coach, assistant coach, supporter since age 5.

o

That parental support shows, Glenda...but...I'm just as sure that you've had a loving hand in this process, as well...with both boys.

You've done well! My congratulations stands.

Anne

o

Thank you, Anne! :o)

o

that is excellent and really could be a huge help in getting a good scholarship! My friends son was just like that from childhood on he was on the field every chance he got and did great in school, he and his best friend were always the top 2 and both got great scholarships and both are now playing professional and very successful. Hope Parke has as much success!

o

Dang, that will get him in most colleges instantly! Usually that award is given to a major league player, so getting one while in High school is amazing!
I'd be doubly proud, Glenda. wow!

This morning,I was helping my friend get ready for a graduation party, that's tomorrow. We were talking about her oldest who is a pitcher in College, where he put in amazing amounts of hours, training , riding buses to games and playing of course. He is so close to being a straight A student in pre med, but its tough to get through organic chemistry and play ball too. Getting a sports scholarship and keeping it takes alot of dedication.
I'm sure if Parke jr wants it bad enough, he'll do what he needs to.
Such a cute kid too! Can't believe he's almost a senior. ~I have one too, only she's into cross country. Just got her Academic all state at honors night last week . We were surprised too. Our seniors are done so she is officially a senior now. yea!

o

I'm sure this Cy Young pitcher award is local and within his school. I think.

Way I was told is he was voted on by his coaches and teammates, and award given at their awards assembly.

Any which way, we're proud of him!

He's a fine fine person in mind and spirit.

o

Glenda, the other Cy Young award is just a few years away, I suspect!

o

Bravo! We at the KT are also awarding honors to Grandma Glenda! His achievement takes more than just 'talent' and hard work. It takes having people who love you and believe in you. Who wouldn't want a Glenda in their corner?

o

That is super! Çongrats to a talented and has to be a super hard working Grandson!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here