Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How many wall clocks in your home?

Posted by pekemom (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 17:55

I have one in the family room, one in the office, and one in the master bedroom. (The kitchen has the time on the stove and the microwave.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How many wall clocks in your home?

1 in the kitchen
1 in my den

o

One in the kitchen and it is copper in the shape of a frying pan. The face of the clock is on the backside of the pan and it hangs by the handle.

o

I only have one right now. Another one bit the dust a few months ago and I haven't found what I want yet to replace it.

Shirley

o

Oh my! I collect interesting clocks, so let me see....One wall in the den has 12, and there are 12 others throughout the house, plus another 8 in our condo. I hate when we have to set the clocks back or forward. My favorite place for a clock is the bathroom and my favorite clock is a Rhythm clock with 12 melodies. Don't wear a watch, though!

This post was edited by redcurls on Fri, May 2, 14 at 21:39

o

I have 6. One in each bathroom, one in kitchen, one in family room, one in dining room and one in the living room.

Sue

o

Boy am I out of time... I only have 1, in my office...

o

I have two. One in the mTV room and one in DH's office. No need for one in the kitchen with microwave, coffee maker and stove all having clocks.

o

One in the master bath and one in the garage.

o

No wall clocks!

o

two mantle clocks, 3 wall clocks, several table clocks...I killed one last week so must take to the clock repair man~

o

Just one in the den

o

None. Clock radios upstairs in every upstairs bedroom, unless you count the clock on the thermostat for the heated floor in the bathroom. The MW and range and the phone in the kitchen have clocks and the den has one on the cable box. There's a clock on my laptop, which moves around.

o

None - I used to have one but it didn't keep accurate time so I finally got rid of it. I have an alarm clock radio in the bedroom and clock on the oven in the kitchen.

o

I have at least 5

o

I like interesting clocks, too. I've got wall clocks in the family room, dining room, kitchen, master bath, and in my office. Shelf clocks on the mantle, several of the bookshelves. I don't know what the attraction is, but I just like having them around. No noisy ones, though! ;-)

o

I have one wall clock in my living room.The kitchen has clocks on the microwave and stove.In my bedroom I have an alarm clock/radio. It would be very handy to have a clock in the bathroom but I haven't found one I like.

o

I have no wall clocks. I was thinking the other day that I might like to have one in the kitchen as the one on the oven is not visible from the table.

o

3 wall clocks
laundry room, kitchen, and bedroom over my crafting table

o

No wall clocks

o

Same as Dedtired.....no wall clocks.

o

No wall clocks here either.

o

None

o

small house, no need for lots of clocks.

wall clocks - kitchen, bathroom
alarm - bedroom
other clock - kitchen stove, and microwave

Moni

o

Zero wall clocks

o

We have lots of clocks, but none are wall clocks.

o

One black cat clock in the kitchen, one we just took down in the living room, family antique .

o

! wall clock. Its a replica of an 8 sided school clock, but runs for 31 day per winding. It was presented to me for my 30th year with the company. All other clocks are in appliances or sit on surfaces. One clock is a 184 yr old, weight driven, antique shelf clock.

o

Lol, for some of us, having wall clocks is not driven by "need". Some people collect ceramic gnomes or other figurines and we gravitate to clocks.

o

I battery operated clock that sits on top of the wall unit in the dining area that we use a lot. It's visible from the dining area and living room. It recently stopped keeping time, and I went nuts without a clock there to look at!

The other clocks are in the appliances, and a small clock that sits on my desk, and a small one beside the bed.

o

I have 4 wall clocks. One on the den wall, one in the kitchen,one on another wall in the den and a cuckoo clock in the living room. does the microwave count? Not wall clocks but one on bedside tables in 2 bedrooms. I need to know what time it is!
Mary

o

We have two: an "atomic" clock in the kitchen that also has an indoor/outdoor temperature reading, and a vintage "starburst" clock in our dining room. It was my grandmother's.

o

My only wall clock is a cheap plastic battery clock that I bought at Sears for the kitchen in our first apartment -- almost 50 years ago. It's round, with a chrome-look tubular frame and plain white face. It's over the laundry sink in our back hall now.

I haven't gotten around to hanging my one other wall clock. It's made from a Villeroy & Boch "Le Ballon" dinner plate created by the French artist Jean Mercier. I have menus from the Ile de France (1955) with his illustrations. I *planned* to have the menus framed, to hang with the plate clock. Hasn't happened!

o

None right now. I can check the time in just about any room I'm in with table clocks, microwave and stove clocks, Comcast receiver box clocks, computer, mantle clock, but none on the walls. I've been looking for an interesting wall clock but haven't come up with one I like well enough to buy for this house yet.

Funny, but on the old family farm, DH's parents had a clock above the sink and window in the kitchen. Years later, BIL and wife basically gutted and rebuilt that farm house making a lovely modern home from it. The kitchen now has an island and custom cabinetry, no clock above the sink. And I still look at that spot expecting to see one after all these years.

o

Two ... the one in the kitchen quit a while ago - rechargeable battery won't seem to take charge ... so I'll have to.

Haven't checked the one in the living room for a while ... it was operational a while ago.

Leftovers from uncle's time - don't remember having one in my place prior to moving to the farm.

Hi Redcurls ... do I presume that, lacking a watch, you don't go out much?

ole joyful

o

Livingroom
- Oval, "antiqued" green and gold wall clock. Inexpensive plastic; battery powered.

Kitchen
- round chrome clock with chrome dashes for the numerals. Inexpensive plastic; battery powered.

- atomic clock with indoor/outdoor temps

Sewing Room
- Small vintage German 'Bouncing Betty' clock. A gift from brother #2.

Bathroom
- Timex night light + clock that plugs into an outlet. Small, cheap, and the most useful clock in the house.

This post was edited by caroline on Sat, May 3, 14 at 23:26

o

caroline, I like that night light/clock plug in you have.

o

I love clocks, and I love knowing the time when I want. We only have 1 wall clock, though.

o

joyful.....I'm never far from my iPhone or iPod which has the time...and Siri on the phone can even remind me to take something out of the oven if I'm out of the kitchen. Also seldom far from DH who has been "getting me to the church on time" for 53 years. (He probably has 20 watches!)

o

None. I use the clocks in my microwave, stove, laptop or iPhone.

o

One wall clock in the living room.
Other clocks scattered around on laptops, microwave, coffee pot, clock radios in bedroom.

I love giving a clock as a wedding present.

o

just 2..one is close to 15 years chimes, which half the time I don't hear, lol...the other is a dinner plate in the kitchen...

o

Lots of clocks all over the house but no wall clocks.
We have been replacing ours with atomic clocks with built-in weather information for indoors and outdoors with a sensor that mounts on an exterior wall. We like those.
We do have a large pendulum clock that we had mounted above the fireplace in our previous home, my husband's father made it, but we can't mount it in the stone here so it's stored for now.

o

Zero

o

None. I used to. But they got to where they were made increasingly cheaply, but were costing exponentially more. As each died, I just quit replacing it. Just the one mantle clock that works (got it as a "service" award after being at my company 10 years, 20 years ago!) outside of all the microwave, stove, electronic clocks.

Wait, I forgot! I have a tiny cuckoo clock from the Black Forest. It doesn't run except on the weekend and I am home alone. Keeps me company. Of course, I always end up singing the Von Trapp family song!

Here is a link that might be useful: So Long Farewell! song

o

I goofed: said, "two" but there're three.

When I went home, with the idea in my mind, I noticed the (Audubon?) wall clock that sits on the end of my computer desk ... propped against the wall. Part of my kids' legacy from their Mom's house, closed about nine years ago, part of which is stored at Dad's place, I think.

(I still say that digging a phone out of pocket/bag/carrier on the belt takes much more time and effort than looking at a piece on one's wrist, which sometimes may require a slight movement of that arm.)

ole joyful

o

1 in the livingroom

1 in the workout room

o

2 battery wall clocks

One in the kitchen and another down here in my den

o

Thank you, Nicole (and Monica) ... thank you ...

... for rescuing me from (once more) being a thread killer!

o j

o

One in the kitchen, one in the living room, and one under the carport.

o

2 wall clocks. Never miss happy hour.

o

None, I have a small clock on the shelf in the living room.

o

Just one in the den

o

None

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here