Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Done! 2nd MRI but on other shoulder!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 17:24

Went Saturday for appointment, but they were running way behind so I rescheduled.

Doctor wants to see what's going on with my right shoulder, and hope to prevent it from getting as bad as my left.

Seated MRI, and only took 45 minutes. Not that bad.

Fingers crossed.

Left shoulder is the worst, and I'm getting a hyaluronic acid shot in it this coming Monday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Done! 2nd MRI but on other shoulder!

I never heard of that shot before. Is it arthritis that it is getting your shoulders? Hope the right shoulder isn't as bad.

o

Left shoulder has two tears in the rotato cuff plus arthritis.

Had a steroid shot first time.

The hyaluronic acid is a natural lubricant you body produces, but they give it in the joints when necessary.

I had been taking the capsules, but doctor told me they don't do that much good, as they tend just to go thru your body. So she suggested the shot.

o

Good luck with the results on the second MRI.

o

Nephew of our had that--surgery was the only way to help according to his Dr. Took 3 months off work, playing golf now. Usually the only solution is surgery, sorry to say. Neighbor just went thru this also.

o

Have appointment with surgeon in June. WIll see!

o

Did anyone else see the expose about steroidal shots in the spine and joints? They aren't and never have been FDA approved for that purpose. Some manufacturers have even changed their labeling, trying to make it clear to physicians that their drugs should not be injected into the spine, knee, hips, shoulder, or other joints.

o

My sister and my father in law both had torn rotator cuffs that had to be repaired surgically. My FIL's was really bad, he let it go for a long time, then got hit by a drunk driver, that really jarred it. The rotator cuff was torn and the muscle was actually starting to pull away from the bone. A big mess.

I'm glad you're getting this taken care of, don't let it get any worse. Lots of good luck!

o

Edited to remove double post.

This post was edited by rhizo_1 on Thu, May 9, 13 at 22:24

o

hmmmm, rhizo, why the delete?

o

Because somehow my earlier post about steroid shots was repeated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here