Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 17:04

Tonight we're having baked tilapia with tartar sauce (CountrySunshine's recipe), parsley red potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

Been a quiet day around here. Did some laundry and made menus for the next three weeks. Trying to get Harry's Coumadin back within range.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Slept late!

Ventured over to Jubilee Joe's

Crawfish are in!!

Had fried crawfish claws plate with awesome cajun crab bisque, and their special cole slaw.

I'm full!

o

Played golf today. We had a late T-time so didn't stay for lunch. I think I'm going to have catfish for dinner tonight. Not exactly sure what else. I was too tired after golf to go grocery shopping. I have some hash browns in the freezer. Think I'll use them plus a salad. that's it.

o

I think we will have pizza later tonight. Getting ready to go out for a couple of drinks. Patti, re Coumadin levels', one of my sister's doctors told her to be consistent with what she eats. Thus she always drinks cranberry juice, does not have orange for a day or two and switch. Yet with my sister whose levels I monitor, her INR can change with no reason. She has been doing weekly labs for months.

o

bbq country style ribs, fresh corn on the cob, and sliced fresh tomatoes with some sliced Vidalia onions sprinkled with some pomegranate vinegar and a little grated Parmesan, I had to post a picture of those beautiful onions today on the picture thread. They are huge! We have been looking forward to the Vidalias.

o

I was hungry for fish so made salmon, potato, and lima beans.

Patti, good for you to make menus for so far in advance. I just can't seem to make myself do one for even a week at a time. I may have a general idea but don't commit to it.

Shirley

o

Rain again today. Hubby had tilapia with brown rice. I had minute steak with french fries. Got a lot of things done in the house today, should be a easy weekend-I hope.

o

Glenda, I'm green with envy. What a great meal. I'd be happy with the crab bisque--but the crawfish and slaw just make it even better. I think if I was you, I'd go back tomorrow for seconds. :-)

Georgysmom, I bought a bag of hash browns and now I can't for the life of me remember what for. Looks like a lot of us are having a seafood night.

Pam, have fun and enjoy the pizza!! Sounds like a good TGIF to me. Keeping Harry's INR steady is getting hard for me. Harry was doing so well for a long time and suddenly it went up to 3.1. They want his between 2.0 and 2.5. I found a good list of foods high and low in Vitamin K. It does say to avoid cranberries, BTW. Don't know why, except that it interferes with the Coumadin. I've been making menus and keeping track of everything he eats. They suggested it, but I want to e-mail it to them to see what I'm doing wrong/right. Bless you for helping your sister.

Raven, that sounds like the perfect summer meal. Valdalia onions are my favorite. And they are really big this year. I chopped one this afternoon and it made two cups full.

Shirley, I think we've all been hungry for seafood today. As far as the menus go, I make them by the week, but they aren't set in stone. What I have down for Monday I may not want so I switch days around. Makes it a little easier and really helps make the grocery list.

Oh gosh, Mary. I think you'd better start building an ark! Glad you got things done at home so you can rest up over the weekend.

o

Tonight we had Hamburg Helper, then we went to Kimbal Farms for dessert.

o

That looks so danged good--did you share three ways? Hope it was a cool day so it didn't melt before you could finish it. That chocolate ice cream looks just wonderful!

o

Nope, didn't share and I ate the whole thing. Luckily it was cold enough outside that it didn't melt fast. I did make a comment to Timm that we were lucky it wasn't a hot day. He ate all of his too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here