Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any plans for Mothers Day?

Posted by terilyn (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 16:58

Supposed to rain here this weekend, probably will have the kids over and grill something. Anyone else have plans?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any plans for Mothers Day?

No plans here on Mother's Day, but will celebrate several birthdays and Mother's Day the Sunday following. We will have a Mother Daughter banquet the night before Mother's Day and since we did the decorating for it will have to stay and gather up all the decorations, so will be too tired for fixing a meal for everyone on Mother's Day.

Sue

o

No plans for Sunday, but as Marilyn Sue just mentioned we are going to the "All Daughter's Banquet" tonight at the church. Used to be called The Mother Daughter Banquet but they wanted to include everyone this year who is or was a daughter.

o

Dinner out at one of my favorite Italian restaurants.

o

We can invite any women we wish to our banquet. Just try to let them know so they will know how much food to have fixed.

Sue

o

Taking my 97 year old mother to Cracker Barrel !! That's her favorite restaurant !!!!! : )

o

Think of us who will be working. I am a mother and will be working from 6;30 until about 2;30 cooking for all of the people who want to go out to eat. I don't know yet what we will be doing afterwards. We have a 3 m3at buffet with salad bar and dessert for 9.95. In a town of about 700 and we get really busy.

o

DH has asked me to cook lunch for his mother "because if we go to a restaurant the food will be mass produced and expensive". It seems to have escaped his notice that I am a mother too :-(

o

Our two local kids are coming down with their families. My older son turns 37 on Mother's Day, so we are taking him out to dinner at a fancy restaurant he has requested. He and his wife are cooking a brunch for us and his sister's family as his gift to me. I love it when he cooks, something he took up after he left home. Then our daughter will head home so that she will have the kids and SIL in bed at a decent hour before work and school the next day.

o

Forecast predicts that the rain will stop early sunday morning. I hope so. I'll be delivering some flowers to my mom. Then, my siblings and I are taking several mothers, including ours, to lunch.

Pianolady2008, wow, your mom is 97, how wonderful! I like Cracker Barrel too. I love the fact that breakfast is served all day.

o

No plans for Sunday, but going to Winnie to the flea market on Saturday with Tanya, my friend who is a squirrel rehabber.

o

We went out for brunch last weekend, knowing the crowds would be crazy. We'll do something additional on Sunday. I'm going to buy her the typical orchid corsage. Wish it wasn't white. Sure miss GranMrs (mom's mother).

o

Colleen. that is priceless and so true, I'm sure, although DH's mother is gone, after living 1 month shy of 100. We're getting together with DD# at the home of DD#2, after church.

jude

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here