Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Monday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 16:57

We were going to have chicken marsala, but it's to hot so we're having chicken salad instead.

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Monday?

Potluck luncheon today! 15 of us with lots of variations of salads.

I was the only one with a meat dish: kalua pork, which I added, today, local Full Moon's bbq sauce and carried the remainder of AK cole slaw.

Mac and cheese dish made with cottage cheese and sour cream, pretty good.

Butter beans, were so yummy, with basil and chicken broth
Deviled eggs
Shrimp salad, etc, etc, etc.

3 different desserts, chocolate bars, blueberry cake, and a pink lemonade cake with cream cheese frosting

o

My meal consisted of leftovers: quinoa with ground turkey gravy on it, creamed corn, and a Grands biscuit.

Shirley

o

My brother and I helped my Mom and stepdad spread 3 yards of mulch around their flower beds and borders this morning plus edging and weeding before that. My stepdad bought us all subs from Subway for lunch! Mom had made macaroni salad and had bought an angelfood cake for dessert.

I ate the other half of my sub for supper tonight. It was my stepdad's favorite - cheese steak sub deluxe.

o

Hot turkey sandwiches and left over dressing. Very good. I am going to start writing down all the meals you gals mention that I have never seen or heard of. And I am going to take a vacation and stay near Glenda so I can follow her around to all these restaurants!

o

A roasted chicken dish with sliced red potatoes and sweet onion chicken breast smothered in roasted garlic parmesan sauce sprinkled with grated cheese

o

Just finished Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic! Made it a couple of weeks ago, and it was crying my name again.

Rhubarb pie out cooling as well.

o

That's should've been TOO hot!!

I love potlucks, Glenda. And you gals put on a really good one. I like the sound of the mac and cheese.

Schoolhouse, you were probably starving after all that hard work!

I'm with you Pam--love to hear about Glenda's restaurants.

Raven--wow, you made two different dishes? You must have spent the day in the kitchen!

I just have to try that chicken, Jasdip. Just don't want the oven on these days.

o

After getting up at 6AM for the 'big move' to the country house--then coming back to the 'old' place to start cleaning... no energy for cooking. And no fridge--that's at the new place. We'll be eating a lot of take-out, fast-food, and restaurant fare for the next 2 weeks.

Tonight, it was Arby's--I had a coupon for bogo roast beef and cheddar. We had those and potato cakes

o

Patti, I don't blame you! I bought a countertop roaster at a yard sale recently and keep saying I need to try it. It was still comfortable tonite, so I used my big oven. Plus I had the pie.

I plan on using it when it gets real hot.

o

Yesterday after work my boss sent 2 filet mignons and 3 bacon wrapped filet mignons home with me. They were thawed out and she didnt want them to spoil. We had the 2 last night with baked potatoes and the 3 tonight with just toast. They were so good. You can tell I don't have good cuts of beef very often. I had typed them and then I thought the spelling wasn't right so I had to check on that first, but I was right

;

o

Made "pan" chili for DH and added a plate of fresh veggies on the side and also cottage cheese. My stomach has been feeling "off" all day and not up to chili so just ate some of the cottage cheese. I don't even think my tummy is up for a piece of the absolutely to die for Key Lime Cake that my daughter made for me. A from scratch cake with Key Lime Curd between the 3 layers and cream cheese frosting. Yep, to die for...and I just might take my chances. LOL

o

No it is all 1 dish cooked together in the oven very easy to make

o

My hubby is the cook and he made Pizza Burgers for us. Yummmm. He made extra and we called our neighbor over to get some to take for her lunches at work this week. She loved them the last time we shared with her.

o

Chicken tostodas, smothered in green chile sauce topped with lettuce and sour cream. Then peach cobbler with whipped cream for dessert.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here