Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heartbreaking News Item

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 16:12

Locally, a young father posted his Dodge pick-up truck for sale on Kijiji last week. 2 guys came to look at it and wanted him to go with him for the test drive.

He went, and hasn't been since since. They recovered his truck, but not him.

One fellow was arrested........the 27 yr old son of a wealthy businessman, his cohort hasn't been caught.

Here is a link that might be useful: Timothy Bosma

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heartbreaking News Item

Gosh, what a horrible story. A test drive, who would have thought?! this world of ours is getting scarier and scarier.

o

Oh that is so sad. What the hell is wrong with so many people anymore? It is very scary how many bad people there are in this world.

o

Dang! We had a case here several years ago where 2 guys pulled a jogger into their van when driving by. Killed her. Said they just wanted to see what it was like.....

Sounds like another, lets try this and see what it's like......another senseless death!

o

Apparently they met with another guy who was rather on the large size and the pair said they weren't interested in the truck and left without a test drive (days earlier, I believe).

o

How awful. That poor young man.

Just a little while ago tonight my son was cautioning me to be careful when selling things on Craigslist.

o

They have a lot of evidence linking the suspect to the kidnapping but he is not admitting to anything and not telling the authorities where the man is. They haven't got the other fellow involved yet either. Of course the lawyer is saying that the suspect would never do such a thing because he comes from a rich family and that he is shocked that the police even think that he may have done it.

o

That's downright strange. Sounds kind of like they were the hitmen for someone else or something. Keep us posted on what develops. It'll be interesting.

o

This is a very local story to us. The man arrested is the heir to an aviation company that has had financial problems. This has nothing to do with a stolen truck. The truck was found in the driveway of his mothers rather upscale home.

There is something very fishy about this whole thing, why this Bosma guy? Why was the truck not disposed of, a 2007 nothing special? Where's the second abductor? Many, many rumors locally. Hopefully he's safe, it has been more than a week.

o

Hamilton Ontario news reports a forensic tent has been set up on a 100 acre farm owned by the accused. Not good news.

o

(((Timothy and his young family))))

o

How awfully sad and frightening. The monstrous people who walk among us! I have heard similar stories before. This is one reason I did not sell my last car myself, even though I knew I could do a little better monetarily. I did not want to deal with strangers, even if I met them in a public place.

I agree about Craigslist, too. No way am I having a total stranger come to my house, and I am not going to their's either.

His last moments must have been horrific. I am so sorry for his family. The picture of him with his baby is a heartbreaker.

o

UPDATE: Police just confirmed they found Tim's body.
I'm so upset. They've spend the nite and morning near a local village, where the family had property.

What else could he have done, but go with the guys who wanted to buy his truck? No one would let someone test drive their vehicle alone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Update on Tim

This post was edited by jasdip on Tue, May 14, 13 at 11:08

o

Very heartbreaking

o

By most accounts these guys were adrenaline junkies, having expensive hobbies like desert racing and skydiving. They are also allegedly heroin addicts. The arrested party lived a very lavish life as he had become accustomed to while growing up. He was CEO of the family business after his father died in December, but that business is difficult and competitive and he didn't seem to concentrate his efforts to it. The certificate to do repairs in this new hangar was pulled by the Ministry in February and the vice president has been selling off assets.

His unique tattoo was ID'd by two parties, his cell phone (that was purchased under a bogus name) was linked to the call to Tim Bosma to arrange the "test drive" as well as the test drive the day before (owner who also had ID'd his tattoo), Tim Bosma's truck was found in his trailer in his mother's driveway and Tim's body was found on his farm in Ayr. Oh, and his lawyer says he's 100% innocent. Riiight.

Authorities stopped talking about finding the other parties involved a few days ago. I suspect they might be cooperating with the police. I also suspect Millard is going to try to say those guys did it without his knowledge as they had access to his property and vehicles.

This is so heartbreaking and tragic, I can't even stand it. My deepest sympathies go out to the Bosma family.

o

This whole thing makes me ill, and I'm so heartbroken for the family Susan.

I haven't seen a thing about the second person, I hope we find out more about him. I hope that scum Millard isn't able to buy his way out of this one.

o

There's a site that has tons of info, Jasdip. They post links to various releases, articles and sites, including social media sites. It's weird how quiet the authorities have been about the other men or man.

o

Just deleting a duplicate message...

This post was edited by susan_on on Tue, May 14, 13 at 17:54

o

What a horrific story...the poor mans family...

o

Just senseless, senseless. My heart breaks for his family, especially his little girl who now has to grow up without her daddy.

o

susan_on, do you have a link to the site? I guess I'm curious about what witnesses have seen and heard. Otherwise who knows what was said or went on, whether there was evidence of force to take him, etc. It's really a strange and of course sad event.

o

Yes, I'll post a link to the site. I meant to mention that the rules of the forum are that you are not allowed to post links to sites of people who are not named by main stream media, but the mods have had to do some reminding. People around here are very, very upset about this strange, senseless crime.

The link I posted is one of the "pages" or "streams" (not thinking straight tonight) from the when Tim was declared deceased, but there are other ones prior when they were still in search mode. Hope that made sense.

Here is a link that might be useful: WS

o

I'm bewildered! Adreneline junkies apparently laid a trap for a real person? If it was written it would be rejected as too bizarre. My heart goes out to the victim, his family and friends.

o

Update: He was in court this morning on a First Degree murder charge.

His lawyer maintains his innocence and said that there were other factors involved and once everything comes out in the open, it will be a totally different outcome. He said that things aren't what they seem. He also states that there are other people involved, yet Millard isn't telling about anyone else that helped him.

The young father was so well-liked and popular and has only been married 3 years.

o

I live in Toronto so of course have followed this very sad case from the beginning. I am so sorry for the young man's family. Such a senseless crime. Every day it seems in Canada there is another murder, by gun or knife. I am very afraid that a smart lawyer will get the main perpetrator off on some technicality - or "insanity" plea. I think the penalties in Canada need to be seriously tightened. At this rate we will all be potential jurors in first degree murder trials - yes, I was one.

o

I wish I would have gone to court. There's a publication ban on info, including a long list of people he is banned from communicating with. They always do that here. Today there is an unconfirmed rumour on a journalist's twitter feed that he is going to turn informant.

And I agree, Eccentric... the penalties here are a joke. Don't even start me on Karla Homolka...

o

Thanks for the link. I'm glad there's still a good supply of tips coming in. Should help solve it if the investigation isn't botched.

o

It's said that he was targeted. Can't imagine what he could have done to have this happen to him.

When he was in the truck with the 2 guys, another truck immediately started following him. So there are definitely 2 other men involved besides Millard.

As Eccentric and Susan said, our justice system is a joke. People that serve time, even violent crimes can get out early, because they get credited 36 hours for every 24 hours served. So if you have a 1 year sentence you get out in 8 months. 2/3 early.

o

... and the sentences start out short to begin with!

o

Hey Susan,
Don't you love it when prosecuted Grow-op owners are sentenced to House Arrest!!! Nothing like granting them free will and permission to keep on doing what they were arrested for! LOL

o

A lady around the corner stole almost a million dollars from her employer. Funny thing, before it came out I always wondered how a couple starting out could afford such a nice, new house, expensive fence, pool etc. She was convicted and sentenced to house arrest! She got to enjoy the house and all accoutrements she acquired with the stolen money!

A little while later she asked the court to permit her to go to college. The court allowed it but gave her many conditions. Wouldn't you know she was arrested again for persuading the students she was a financial advisor and investor? She got a lot of them to give her their student loan money to "invest". She was arrested for fraud again. Still has the house, though. The courts are WAY too lenient.

o

It's not just the celebrities who get off easy.

o

Here's a new twist on the Millard murder. They are now re-opening his father's death, that was deemed a suicide in 2012. The son inherited homes, the business and money. AND his ex-girlfriend has been missing since last July. Dellen Millard is a suspect in both of these cases.

o

The Toronto police have been out at the farm all week removing items and digging through piles of straw, etc etc.

The case of his ex-girlfriend who has been missing since 2012 has been re-opened. Suspicions abound.

Mellard is in jail in Hamilton awaiting trial and he's not saying a thing. The authorities met with him and his lawyer told him not to say anything.

o

Sounds like a very scary man!!!

o

I still can't get links to open, but from what you've written this is a horrible story and I hope you'll update it as time passes. We've had a man on trial here the last couple of weeks for a gruesome murder, too. It seems we're getting less civilized, not more.

Please, don't anybody go anywhere with someone you don't know! Goes without saying not to invite a stranger into your home.

o

Good LORD! Horrible!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here