SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayjones481950

Verdict in Jodi Arias trial @ 4:30 Eastern time!

kayjones
10 years ago

If anyone is interested in watching them read the verdict in the Arias death penalty murder case, it will be announced around 4:30 EST on HLN.

Comments (28)

• aqr32583
    10 years ago

I'm watching. Hang her high...quickly!

• aqr32583
    10 years ago

I'm watching. Hang her high...quickly!

• kayjones
    Original Author
    10 years ago

She's been charged with FIRST DEGREE murder - justice has been served! Now, let's see what the penalty phase brings.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    10 years ago

{{gwi:11053}}

Thank goodness!

• ruthieg__tx
    10 years ago

She acted like she was surprised......stupid beech...she slaughtered a young man and she is shocked...I am not a real believer in the death penalty...but if anyone ever deserved it, she sure does...

• matti5
    10 years ago

Justice served!

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Really? I haven't had the tv on all day until now. I'm surprised too, thought sure she'd get away with self defense.

• Lindsey_CA
    10 years ago

"She's been charged with FIRST DEGREE murder - justice has been served!"

If she is found guilty of first degree murder, justice will be closer to being served than just by being charged with it. Casey Anthony was charged with murder, but she wasn't found guilty.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

She says she wants the death sentence.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    10 years ago

She says she wants the death sentence.
    Yes, and it is thought that once again, she is lying and trying to manipulate, trying to use reverse psychology.

• lindaohnowga
    10 years ago

She deserves the death penalty.And in my opinion, so does that Arial Castro for what he did to those girls he held captive for 10 years in Cleveland, OH.

• chisue
    10 years ago

What will the media DO without this to occupy countless hours of airtime? Disgusting to have this ghastly crime -- and 'deserving couple' IMO -- pushed into my life over and over.

My friend from Holland tells me trials are handled differently there. Charges are announced, but there is media silence until a trial is over and a verdict has been reached. Only then is the trial open for discussion.

• kayjones
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The next trial HLN plans to cover is the Trevon Martin/George Zimmerman trial, sometime in June.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

Chisue....gosh, whatever would that annoying Nancy Grace do for a living?

• lindaohnowga
    10 years ago

Court put on hold until Wed. May 15. No reason given as I type this.

• chisue
    10 years ago

rhizo -- Ah, yes. Nancy Grace. Can you really picture her as a mom? LOL (Now I guess I'll have to Google her; thinking Grace is not her surname.)

• neesie
    10 years ago

I have cable tv but didn't really pay much attention to this trial. I can only take small bits and pieces of Nancy Grace. I understand her fiance was murdered years ago and far be it from me to tell her to get on with her life...but......she does not appear to be a happy lady.

I did watch while they were talking about the young man's family and she immediately started reflecting on herself, and losing her fiance. Then she started talking about she almost died while in childbirth as if THAT had anything to do with this case! I'm not a fan!

• katlan
    10 years ago

I've never watched Nancy Grace in my life, and probably won't. I didn't give two hoots about the Jodi Arias trial, expect to hope she got what she deserved.

What I want to know is why there's little to no coverage about the abortion dr. case in Philly? Talk about a freaking, no good, sob monster. And NOTHING on tv. Why nationwide coverage of the Arias case and not the Gosnell case?

That man will burn in hell.

• southerncanuck
    10 years ago

Does anyone have an opinion as to why this trial, amongst others since OJ, has garnered the attention of the public across the US and Canada and the world in some cases. I recently read or heard that there are over 15,000 murder trials ongoing at any given time in the US and Canada simultaneously, why is this one so special? That goes for Casey Anthony trial as well. The murder where that Blade Runner guy in South Africa is accused was a circus and gained attention world wide and that was only for court proceeding to lay the charges.

They are debating using cameras in the court room here in Canada. We are somewhat like some places in Europe where a publication ban may be imposed by the presiding judge where no reporting of the trial can be made until after a verdict has been reached, I don't know whom it protects, the victim, the accused or the judicial system but it sure doesn't sell anything during commercials.

I don't get this whole court TV stuff but find myself watching it, I shamefully admit.

I know what my opinion is what is yours?

• Jamie_LA
    10 years ago

Probably because it's televised. OJ, Casey Anthony, and now Jodi Arias. Next to be televised will be the Trayvon case.

• Cherryfizz
    10 years ago

Southern Canuck - This case didn't "garner" the attention of this Canadian or any of my friends.Nobody is talking about this trial that I know of, Only time I have heard mention of it has been on here or on FB. I can't imagine anything more boring than watching a court case on tv.. I would rather watch Question Period from Queens Park where adults act like children

• susanjf_gw
    10 years ago

think it started with perry mason days of tv...i did watch a bit of the trail but not like the anthony...actually started with oj...was watchhg the day he tried on glove...omg...

there are some things i find interesting, and so full of tradition..like rising when either judge or jury enters...one of the last places where manners are observed without fail....

• southerncanuck
    10 years ago

My opinion is that a) it's a female b) she's attractive c) she's white d) it's gruesome violent murder. All this makes a good soap opera thus good TV. An attractive young white female doesn't commit violent murder. All this has nothing to do with justice. As I said, what about the other 14,999 murder trials that can be televised.

I said I did watch it, for all of 5 minutes, it's disgustful and insults my intelligence. I didn't say how long I watched it for.

• arkansas girl
    10 years ago

I watched the very first of the Dateline last night...OMG what a screwed up bunch of mess that guy got himself into! He just did that to the WRONG person! GAH! He was a total jerk and she is a psycho...lethal combination....

• graywings123
    10 years ago

I watched Dateline last night. I didn't know that Jodi Arias was Tweeting during the trial through a friend. What a creepy woman.

• kayjones
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If you want to find out how Psycho this person is, take a look at some of the things she's said - she's really mentally ill. They shut down her Twitter account because of her comments (through her friend, who's posting on her behalf).

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    10 years ago

This trial garnered peoples attention due to the graphic sex involved. That couplef with the ghastly way she carried out the crime.
    It was just announced that she has been moved back to the normal jail.

• kayjones
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good! That means she will be in court on Wednesday - enough stalling already!

Now that jack-legged O.J. is taking up court time and tax dollars, trying to get out of prison, and of course, HLN is all over the proceedings - all is unbelievable!!!