Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' with new Easter lyrics

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 15:06

A lovely singer, Kelly Mooney, rewrote Leonard Cohen's famous "Hallelujah" with lyrics taken from the story of Easter. I love this video, in which she sings the song accompanied by a girl choir. Religious or not, everyone who likes the song will enjoy this version, I think.

Hallelujah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' with new Easter lyrics

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for the link.

o

I ddn't know who wrote it but I loved KD Lang's version at the opening of the Olympics last year. I listened to KD's version last week and just finally got it out of my head. Now it's back LOL!!

o

LOVE that song. I love the Jeff Buckley version also.

o

Such an improvement!! They other lyrics did not do the music justice. This is perfection!!

o

Thanks for sharing this. I would have never seen it, and it was just fantastic.

o

After I post this I'm going to go listen to the Easter version. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I adore this song, but the hands down best version to me is the one by Bon Jovi. The voice, the music, is perfection. He slowed it down in his version and the music is just mesmerizing. I listen to it all the time. Love it. I hope the link I posted works. It's Bon Jovi's version on you tube.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bon Jovi Hallelujah on youtube

o
Easter Hallelujah

Alisande, That was breathtakingly beautiful! Thank you. As a practicing Catholic I truly appreciated it. It made me cry.

o

Katlan, I'd never heard Bon Jovi's version--in fact, I didn't know it existed. It's wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm glad you all liked Kelly Mooney's video.

o

I love the song, but had no idea what the lyrics were, so I googled to find them. Very interesting!

Then I tried to find the Kelly Mooney version and I can not. Anybody know them, or where I can find them?

TIA

Sue

o

You can find them here, Sue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kelly Mooney lyrics

o

Thanks. That sure is an obscure web site. Every where Google sent me I only found the video.

I like KM's lyrics better.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here