SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

What would you do?

two25acres
10 years ago

I was in the garden on Tuesday afternoon and my neighbor came down to chit chat. It's been at least a year since we've spoken but we always wave whenever we see each other. His dog comes to visit me while I'm gardening. Anyway, I can't say as I know him well, we are just neighbors but share the love of husky's. Mine passed away a few years ago and his is getting close. We chewed the fat for a while and then he told me he was getting married this weekend and they were having a get together at the house with appetizers and a bon fire, very informal. I've never met his fiance, I've just seen a female around the house. What I can't figure out is do I go with a gift? The invitation was verbal, no set time or anything. We can stop by anytime. He did tell me her name so I have that atleast. Any suggestions? He did tell me she wanted to do some gardening this year and I offered him/her the use of one or two of my beds. She is pregnant and due in August so I don't imagine starting a garden from scratch would be something she'd want to do right now. I've got 9 beds and this year I'm actually going to cut back on veggies and increase the flowers . Is the offering of garden space and veggies enough or would you bring something? Thank you for your thoughts.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath