Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A cool app for smartphones

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 13:58

So when my husband and I go shopping he is invariably wandering off somewhere and leaving me in my wheelchair to try to carry stuff I have found in my lap and wheel myself around trying to find him and the cart. I sometimes resort to calling his cellphone to locate him. Well I found some apps for smartphones that turn your cellphone into a walkie talkie!!! So you just select the person and push a button and voila you can talk to each other walkie talkie style. I have android phones so these definitely work on anything android including tablets too, I do know that some of them are also available for iphones.
Voxer

TiKL

Zello

many of them will work across platforms too which is neat.

Now I just need to find an app that will zap him when he starts to wander off!

By the way this method uses no minutes or texting all free! Plus it does more than just walkie talkie, it can do text, photos, location etc.
And of course if you don't like it you can delete it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A cool app for smartphones

That is so cool. If I ever get anytihing with android, I'll be adding this. And I'm sure tapping you on the shoulder asking for direction to app stores etc.

o

I like the "zap" option the best Raven!!! You could make a mint, if you design that, I'll bet!

o

I have to say I really like this one. I installed the Tikl app on both of our phones and we tried it out, works great. I would definitely recommend it. And the text features are nice too since I don't have text on my phone plan, you can text for free this way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here