Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stamp Out Hunger day--tomorrow

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 13:54

Tomorrow is Stamp Out Hunger day so if you have any extra non-perishable goods in your pantry, please hang them from your mailbox and your mailman will pick it up when he delivers your mail. It's such a worthy cause and all food donations stay in your community. Just please make sure the "use by date" hasn't expired.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stamp Out Hunger day--tomorrow

I've got mine ready!!

o

Arghhhh! I had just left the grocery store and was pulling into the driveway when I thought of the date - second Saturday in May.

Usually I get a card from my mail carrier alerting me about a week ahead of time, and I shop for some inexpensive but nutritious things, larger packaging than I normally buy for two, often Costco but its an hour away and won't work out this afternoon. No card or notice this year.

I'm not seeing much in my cupboards that is close to complete food on its own, or even common main ingredient (like tuna, baked beans, spaghetti-Os or things for kids lunches). I'll go out again, back to the store....

o

Thanks for the reminder. I have to grocery shop today and will look for some nutritious donations.

o

We put out a bag evey year, and every year our mail carrier leaves it. Won't waste my time anymore. Just donate directly to the local food bank.

o

We didn't get a bag put on our box this year. I guess they are doing it, not sure.

o

My bags are ready and waiting to be put by the mailbox tomorrow. Blessings to all of you who participate in this worthy cause and to the postal workers for their help.

o

Morz, you are a good person to go out again for canned goods. Bless you.

if you didn't get a card or a bag, you can still leave it on the porch/mailbox. If they don't take it, just stop at the PO on Monday and drop it off with them.

I had both card and bag and all is ready for tomorrow. But I needed a bigger bag. I always stock up at Aldi or other sales and store until collection day. Plus my dentist gives me trail size toothpaste, floss and brushes in a case for just this. just ask at your next visit. They get them from the sales reps for no charge.

o

Our small post office has volunteers to go out and pick up the donations so the mail carrier can go ahead and do his route. They collect tons and tons from around here..Great thing!!

o

I always put out food. Sometimes just a can of tuna and jar of peanut butter. One year I missed the pickup so I drove to my Post Office to drop off a bag of canned goods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here