Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abercrombie and Fitch

Posted by ruthieg__tx (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 13:50

Here's an example of your words coming back to haunt you...even 7 years later....Mike Jefferies got a lot of feed back when he made the statement and now 7 years later another backlash...A friend posted this on another website and I think it is so cool..wanted to pass it on...

Beware what you say.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mike Jefferies

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abercrombie and Fitch

unfortunately, snapshots of this man would indicate the origination of his hatred for the less than attractive population.

o

In all honesty, I think he said what is thought by a lot of other people.

I just looked up his picture. Wow!

o

Hadn't heard of his statements til now and don't know what he looks like. But regardless of what his external appearance is, he sure is ugly on the inside.

o

He says Abercrombie & fitch clothing is aspirational so I guess if you aspire to be cool or thin and work at it then you get to wear their stuff? The guy is 68 and so made those comments when he was 61 - you would have thought he knew better.

I don't find him at all attractive - outside or on the inside.

o

He never got to wear his own brand and from the looks of it, he never will. What a dud! He should know better is right!

o

He may have been attractive when he was 18 but he looks like the scary guy in a horror movie now...crazy comment from someone that looks like a monster...HEEHEEHEE!

o

had to lol at the last statement in the article...about the people they hire...

o

I have looked in their store in our mall. They are junky, worn out looking clothes that cost a fortune. My mother was raised by a poor minister and his thrifty wife in the early 1900s. She and her siblings were supplied their clothing from the Mission Barrel, the donated clothing from the congregation, because the congregation couldn't afford to pay him adequately. My grandmother was quite the seamstress, but still they grew up wearing donated clothing--which looked a lot better than the A&F clothes for sale today! Why would someone pay top dollar to look like that!!!!

o

My 17 year old grandson worked for them for a couple of months earlier this year. I asked if he was selling clothes and he jokingly said, "No, I am working up front folding shirts and greeting customers. That's where they put us 'pretty people!' " I laughed, thinking he was being silly but...guess not because he is good looking and has a great personality. They even took a picture of him and used it as a poster in the store and talked about putting it on store stuff like bags, etc. Now I'm glad he quit before all of this came up!

o

I don't like the quality of their clothes or the elitist attitude.

o

Isn't their store the one that gags you when you come within 100 feet of it? I have asthma and I start coughing and hacking everytime I get near it.

The guy is scary looking. Looks like he had lip implants and too many collagen injections.

o

Kathsgrdn, the one at the mall near us stinks too! I have never been in it either, it just wafts out into the mall walkways! UGH

o
Fitch! Please!

Have you seen the Ellen video on this? I LOVE Ellen! ♥

My DD was talking about this and she said he doesn't want ugly people shopping there or wearing their clothes...but commented on how HE looked. Scary and very plastic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fitch! Please!

o

I am thinking about this some and I think this could be a brilliant marketing ploy aimed at people's Narcissistic personalities these days. If they shop at A and F they are the "pretty people" even if they really aren't or even if they are really. A & F is a status symbol to a lot of kids anyway...they think if they wear their clothing, somehow it makes their sh*t not stink! I bet this will only serve to increase their business.

On another note, I'm so glad they closed the one in our mall because they had the whole thing stunk up! What a disgusting fragrance! GAG!

o

I will choose to pity the man, because he obviously needs it from looking at his horrible plastic surgery. He is striving for something he can never have.

o

My DD sent me this picture, because I always ask "why does it have to be so dark in Hollister?" - this Dad has the right idea! LOVE IT!

photo o0gbT_zps38badfb9.png

o

OMG..I hate that Hollister is so dark and wonder why. The store is fabulous looking but when you enter it's like a cave. I simply cannot see anything and have to carry purchases to the light out side to buy. Unfortunately Grandson wears nothing but Hollister and AE. And AE sprays their whole store with a pine fragrance and it wafts out to the mall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here