SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie_ndcal

Glenda--Graduation??? and ???

marie_ndcal
9 years ago

Sorry, to call you out, but how is your GS graduation going? College? and are you still doing the lunches with Laura and Patti?
Hope the spelling of names is correct.
Finally getting warm here in ND, had some minor storms yesterday, with a F-2 tornado doing damage to about 15 trailers in a park in the oil fields. No warning, too far from the city, but they saw it coming. 1 person still in the hospital, and the people are working on a shelter.
Marie

Comments (21)

• glenda_al
    9 years ago

Thanks!

Graduation was last night.

I had a pre graduation open house with 21 coming. Turned out beautifully.

Yes, he's going to college, Jacksonville State University here in Alabama.

Haven't seen Laura and Linda as too many things on everyone's plate.

Appreciate your thoughtfulness in asking!

• kayjones
    9 years ago

Congratulations to your grandson!

• Orchidllauraga
    9 years ago

Congratulations to your DGS!!! Oooohhhh he is going to the number 1 party school in Alabama!!! Well it was in my college years...just kidding...

I would like to start back doing the lunches with you and Linda!!!!!!

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Congratulations! So exciting for you and your grandson.

This post was edited by ellendi on Fri, May 30, 14 at 18:23

• pam_25f
    9 years ago

Glenda, how far away from you is his university? Will he be playing ball there?

• glenda_al
    9 years ago

Jacksonville, Al which is about 2 hrs or less from here.

He and his best friend are sharing a dorm room there.

No scholarship, he just didn't get into applying, whatever. He's looked into their ball program as well as golf, his two loves, and once he gets there it's up to him as to what he gets involved in.

I just say "we'll see"!

Us at my open house before graduation

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by glenda_al on Fri, May 30, 14 at 21:23

• alisande
    9 years ago

Nice picture, Glenda! Congratulations to your grandson.

• Georgysmom
    9 years ago

I was just about to ask for pictures and there it was. How did the diplomas and caps turn out?

• lisa_fla
    9 years ago

How tall is he now? You all look great!!! Glad he's sharing a dorm with someone he knows.

• glenda_al
    9 years ago

The diplomas and caps were a huge hit! Plus I had petit fours with green scriggly icing on top. School colors.

Had in another area snacks, various pinwheels, sesame sticks, my cheesie puffs, mini quiches, and a big hit was my lemon pepper tuna salad with crackers.

Had peach punch in one of those servers with a spout so everyone could serve themselves with it or water to drink

• pam_25f
    9 years ago

Nice picture. I hope he likes college.

• lydia1959
    9 years ago

Nice photo Glenda! You can sure see the family resemblance. Congrats to Parke Jr., hope he enjoys college!

• ont_gal
    9 years ago

Nice to see a posting about GS grad party-I have been thinking about it now for a couple of days.

I can see you in your son,and your GS in his Dad :)

Beauty pic Glenda-congrats as well!

• mamatoad
    9 years ago

I love seeing those smiling faces! Congratulations to PJR.
    Sounds like your pre-graduation party was a success! I know you put a lot of effort and time into making all those goodies and I also know it was definitely a "labor of love",Thanks for sharing it with us.

• jannie
    9 years ago

That's a great picture! Congratulations to your grandson.

• Georgysmom
    9 years ago

Wow. Everything sounds delicious. You were busy. No wonder you stayed in p.j.'s the next day!

• iowagirl2006
    9 years ago

Oh my gosh! Graduation and college - time flies!

What a nice reception you had for him.

• marie_ndcal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Glenda for updating us. and Congratulation to your grandson. I know he will do good and make you proud.
    Marie

• susanjf_gw
    9 years ago

great picture but sad to hear he was so lax about trying out for a free ride...it could be big bucks he be saving the family...it took my kids about 10-15 years to pay off loans...

• eileen101
    9 years ago

What a wonderful picture and such great memories you have shared!
    Eileen

• hallngarden
    9 years ago

Glenda, Congratulations to you and your family. You have been a such a great support for Parker. How could he have grown up so fast. See this with my own grands, and time does go by fast. I looked around on the site and could not find your recipe for lemon pepper tuna salad. Granddaughter, who is now 6 now, loves to cook and also loves tuna salad. Please share. Thank you for all the beautiful family stories you have shared with us through the years.