SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

marilyn_c I have been thinking about you

We have a possum that showed up a few days ago in the middle of the day. We saw it was walking really strange. It came up to the water bowl and drank a ton of water then went to the cat food bowl to eat. Well we could see it really well then through the big sun room windows. The poor thing has been attacked by something really big, his entire back has been skinned it is down to the muscle and back bone from his neck to tail. Just an open gaping wound, and he has some spots on his face too. We thought oh no it will never make it. But I knew there was no way I could go out there and try to mess with it. So I make sure there is plenty of water and food and every day he has been back and I can hardly believe it but it looks like that wound is healing over. I don't know how it is not horribly infected but it does not seem to be.
Then we had this "cat condo" we had put out for the feral kitties. Well the possum discovered it and is staying in there! Which is good because it is in the shade and protected and right near the food and water. Yesterday I put out a big bowl of silk milk by the condo thinking he might like that.
He has a very good appetite.

I know you would be able to work your miracles on him but I think by what I am seeing he will make it.
It is almost white which may be what made it stand out to what ever attacked it, we guess either a large dog or coyote.

Comments (4)