SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandiefl

Do I Have Too Quit?

sandiefl
13 years ago

Most of you know that I had Breast Cancer and had to quit work while going through chemo and radiation. I worked at a PreSchool and couldn't be around the children. Now I have been released and can go back to work, but due to the economy, most of the teachers have had their hours cut and there will only be two classes this summer, so there is really no place for me right now. So, I have been gardening and growing plants to attract butterflies and birds. I have enjoyed so much sitting in my back yard on my bench and watching the birds.Then I made friends with a squirrel. She eats right out of my hands. I call her Miss Piggy because she will eat as long as I will sit out with her. Two days ago I looked out on my screened porch, and there was a squirrel on my table. She chewed a hole in the screen. Yesterday she chewed another hole in the screen. This morning there were two squirrels on the porch. Jim and my brother have voted that I cannot feed the squirrels anymore. Jim is now repairing the screen. Just wondering if any of you knew of a way to keep them off the porch. I have heard that they are afraid of snakes and owls. I have vegetables growing so I put a rubber snake there to keep them away, and I watched as they jumped in the bucket and buried a peanut. The owl is sitting in front of my strawberries, doesn't bother them. Do I just quit feeding them? They were such a comfort to me, and I do love them.Sorry this is so long.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm