Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - New bedspread

Posted by adellabedella (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 11:25

I need some quick advice. i have realtors coming over to look at my house tomorrow. I just pulled a new bedspread with pillows, etc., out of a bag. They have a "processed" smell. These are for looks so I don't not want to wash them. What can I do to freshen them up?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - New bedspread

I would either hang it outside in the fresh air, if possible (we have had a lot of rain here lately).......

Toss it in the dryer with a dryer sheet just for a few minutes..

Or possibly Febreze?

o

Air them out, outdoors, if possible.
Spray with Febreeze.

o

Ok, I'm heading out to air on the back porch.

o

Ha! Simultaneous posts that say almost the same thing!

o

I take it the answer is spray it with febreeze and/or hang outdoors. KIDDING!

o

Yes, I think the same... LOL, hang outside, or spray with febreeze

Moni

o

Now, don't be haters just because you guys didn't answer first, hahaha.

All I can say is hounds x two and katlan... great minds baby!!

o

You have probably solved it by now, but what does using them for looks have to do with not wanting to wash them?

This post was edited by suzieque on Fri, May 10, 13 at 22:03

o

Your moved already and setting up the house for potential buyers, Yes?
I Have found the steam setting on my dryer does a great job of getting smells out of fabric. I'm guessing your dryer is moved out though. Hope you had a lot of sunshine today!

o

I'm just nosey and can't decorate worth a darn, so what did you change from and to what?

This was probably a crazy thing to do, but we are wanting to go from a queen to a king size bed, but not anytime soon. Anyway, I found a king size duvet just like my queen one on eBay and bought it. That way I don't have to buy new bedding and shams, etc. And I love what I had. Was that crazy?

Back to asking you about your bedspread, I'm having doubts and am looking for a new one. Any hints to where you bought yours? I really want something yellow but I'm just looking for a good deal right now.

o

Hang it on a chair in the bathroom, then take a nice hot shower. When the dampness is gone, the smell will be too.

o

LOL! Everyone. I hung it outside for a few hours. That really helped.

I didn't want to wash the bedspread because I wanted it to stay looking brand new. I bought the bedspread for looks. My dh prefers a down comforter on the bed. Sleeps great, but isn't as pretty in pictures. I knew it was possibility we might be moving. I can never find what I want when I want it so I grabbed it when I saw it. We haven't moved yet. We were interviewing realtors. I didn't want to show them how we really live.

I ordered the bedspread set online at Dillard's about a year ago. They tend to have end of season clearances for 60% plus $40 off at the very end of season. I think I paid almost $80 for the bedspread, four shams, two small pillows and dust ruffle. It's a really nice, luxurious looking set.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here