SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

Angels among us

satine_gw
9 years ago

A heart warming story here---My youngest daughter is a server in a chain restaurant and works very hard to maintain her financial independence. While at the grocery store she was on the phone with me and explaining that she has to replace three of the tires on her newly purchased car. She had one which was faulty replaced and told the mechanic that she had to save the money to have the other two replaced. He assured her that she would be ok waiting a month or so. She was telling me how she planned on saving the money and how she had a plan in place. (I have offered help but she really wants to do this) We finished our call and a few minutes later she called me back. She was in shock- - a lady approached her and told her she had been a server and how difficult it is trying to live within an unknown income and she handed her 70.00 and told her she wanted to purchase a tire for her. My daughter was in total shock and kept saying "you don't have to do this" and the lady insisted and then just walked away. My daughter has had several difficult years and having someone show her such kindness will stay with her for a long time. Sorry this is so long.
Satine

Comments (29)