SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

34 is just too young to die

cynic
10 years ago

My assistant. My helper. There when I needed you. Never a complaint, never demanding a raise. Never a thought of going union. When I needed something done, I left it to you and you did it at any time of the day. And I don't care if you were loaded or not, you did your job better than any of your competition that I can think of.

Over the years people laughed at you, berated your heritage, sneered at your color but you happily ignored them and did your thing. And did it well. You were a pleasure to have around.

Replacing you isn't going to be easy. Doubt there's many who will serve quite so faithfully and I doubt any as economically. I would have thought you'd outlive me. But I guess it just goes to show you never really know.

Interviewing replacements wasn't something I wanted to do. No there's lots of things I'd rather do. But sometimes there's no choice.

Yes, my good old avocado green JC Penney branded GE top loading washing machine isn't going to make it. (heavy sigh) Oh well, RIP. Yes, way too young. I wonder if it would be under warranty. I don't suppose. (sniff)

Comments (23)