SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

The thank you for the table cloth

sheilajoyce_gw
9 years ago

Well, I must give you all the last chapter of the table cloth saga. As you remember, I remodeled, enlarged and repaired the crocheted table cloth that a young man found when he closed up his mother's house after her death. His mother had not finished it but had used it with the motifs arranged in a badly shaped circle. He was in law school with my son at the time and is a friend of a friend. He asked for help in getting it all fixed, and my son sent me a picture of it. I posted it on the knitting thread, and someone posted the free pattern for me. So I said I would do it and shape it to fit his rectangular table. Then I was so frightened of ruining his mother's tiny stitches, that I dragged my feet for years. Finally, I finished it late this winter and mailed it to him. I also had one section of 3 connected motifs that I did not need to use framed for his wall.

He wrote me a sweet thank you, and then contacted my son for a gift suggestion for me. My DH spilled the beans that they were brain storming, and I told him that I need nothing. (This young man is recovering from a skiing accident that paralyzed him below the neck. Luckily, surgery and therapy are reversing all that. But he doesn't need any more expenses.)

Well, he sent five unique loose teas from a shop in Minneapolis called Verdant Tea. I looked up a description of each tea on their web site, and I am quite impressed with their story. I will start sampling them tomorrow morning. What a sweet and interesting gift, though certainly not necessary.

Comments (18)