Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rocky's Debut

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 21:00

Today Rocky left the guest room for the first time and met the other cats. He was great.....not the slightest bit aggressive, he was simply interested in the other three. They, on the other hand, did a lot of hissing and growling. Peachy, also an orange cat, was the most assertive. But no fights ensued.

I was without an Internet connection since yesterday afternoon, when a tree came down during a violent t-storm. When the telephone company man came to work on my DSL I stashed Rocky back in the guest room. He didn't like that one bit, so I guess he's out for good. I hope we have a quiet night.

Which brings me to his one annoying characteristic: He is SO NOISY! It's his Siamese lineage, I guess. He squeaks and squawks so much. By the end of the day I've had it. I guess I better get used to it, though, because I don't think he's going to stop. If anything, he'll get louder as he matures.

I wonder if this is how he ended up abandoned. He's so sweet otherwise, but demanding in the extreme.

Here's Peachy on the left, asking me why I brought this interloper into the house. :-)

He's lying on the mat I use for firewood. His blue eye is in shadow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rocky's Debut

Awww, he looks so sweet!

o

I was watching a show today about Key West and Hemingway and they showed some of the Hemingway 6 toe Cats. Amazing history, Rocky is descended from famous felines! One looked just like him. Having the 2 eye color as well as the toes makes him one of the rare ones.
He may be less vocal once he is settled in and the ranking has been established.

o

So cute, and so glad to read they are all getting along!! And Rocky looks right at home. :o)
Looking at the pics, it occurred to me Rocky looks like our Lito (minus the extra toes) and Peachy looks like our Pumpkin.

o

Rocky is gorgeous and you'll get used to him chatting you up, Susan, it's just all so new!

He looks like our Beeswax and Peachy looks like our Bizbee. Congrats on a good transition.

o

So pretty, love his "ringtail" , like a raccoon!

o

I had an orange cat named Louie, and he was very bold and noisy. Very demanding and general pain in the butt sometimes. If you were reading the paper, he'd lay on it, if his food was getting low , he'd meow till more was added. He died a few years ago, and I still miss him. I think strong personalities are a trait of orange boys(and yes, most orange cats are male)

o

Love your Rocky! My orange tiger stripe guy was named Charly (after Cliff Robertson in the movie) and he was a pain in the butt too. Guess its their coloring! He was a tiny baby found wandering on a busy street. I fed him with a doll bottle until he told me in a day or two in no uncertain terms that he wanted real food. As soon as he could jump up, he jumped onto the kitchen counter and stole a fish filet that was defrosting and dragged it to the floor and went spread eagled over it and hissed up at me when I tried to take it from him. He was the boss.

o

He looks like our neighbor's cat who is also nosey, LOUD and chatty, and very friendly. When I don't see him for awhile, I miss him.

o

My orange boy was Garfield and he was such a character there will never be another he was cut from a very original pattern. He was a very big part of my life and I miss him every single day. He lived with us for 21 wonderful years. I found him climbing the window screen on my back porch as a itty bitty baby he had escaped from a huge snake that was , unknown to us, living in the wrapped up solar blanket on the porch. The snake had the kitten, the kitten fought for it's life and escaped and climbed up that screen screaming it's little lungs out. I heard him from in the house and ran out. That snake was enormous. The snake went bye bye and the kitten came in to live with us. He loved our Great Danes and they loved him. He owns a special part of my heart.
Those orange ones are special!

o

He is so gorgeous! I agree about the strong personalities....those are the cats I like the best. I prefer male cats for that reason. They just seem more personable.

My daughter recently had to have her cat of 15 years put down. They are waiting to get another kitten, but want an orange one, for the reason that they do seem to have great personalities.

o

I think Rocky is a very handsome boy and I'm glad he gets along with the other cats. I would like to have another cat, but I'm afraid of the conflicts that might cause, so have only one for now. I am very much a cat person.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here