SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldfixer

Death Tribute ... A Digital project

oldfixer
9 years ago

Last week I received notice from one of our beach group people that her nephew had been killed in an automobile accident. He was only 18, but had become a friend to the "Old Fart". Being from out of town, I only met him a few times a year at the beach.
I had limited pictures of him during those visits. Using what was available, I quickly put up a web site tribute to his days at the beach for family and friends. It was a part of his life that others did not see. His mother was impressed, and printed out the site to display at the funeral home for all to see. Gosh, I felt honored for such a small effort. I also made copies of the site onto a CD and gave to several family members so they can have it to view, anytime.
But back to the topic here. If you have a death of a relative or friend, and information on that person, consider putting up a temporary web site as a tribute. It's good for the family, and for people who may be too far away to attend the event. You have done something simple for the loved ones, and yourself. Needing to be done fast, it can be quite emotional.
Has anyone else ever made some kind of digital tribute to a deceased family or friend?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz