Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spider Solitare

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 20:00

When I went windows 8 I lost my friend "spider Solitare".I; I am now playing one from aarp and It's too small and I'm not happy with it.I have down loaded some and they have jamed my mcchine.Is there a safe one out there someone has tried and I can download without too much trouble?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spider Solitare

I have a link that I've used for years and no problem. I don't play spider solitaire, but golf solitaire.

When you open the link you'll see spider solitairs.

Again, no problem for me. My server is AOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: solitaire

o

Windows 8 doesn't come with them preloaded but you can get the same package of games that was on the previous versions of Windows. Below is a link telling about this and where they are in the windows game store for free.

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows 8 games

o

you can do this from windows 8 tiles, but I will just give the link right to the windows game store for you. pick what you want, spider solitaire is there as you can see along with many others. This is a safe location from Microsoft.

be extremely careful getting free games from online sites that is one of the top methods of infection. Be sure to have Wot installed on your browser before searching random sites so you can see if they are rated safe or not. Wot comes for all browsers pick the right one to install.

http://www.mywot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows game store

o

I have used the link I shared for quite a few years and not a problem.

Raven is always so very helpful. Appreciate all you do.

o

I believe I had given you a few of these links a while ago but this is a good place to learn how to do some things with windows 8.

And the eightforums are excellent you can learn everything from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/

click the tutorials link on 8 forums and find tutorials for many things.

Here is a link that might be useful: how to

o

Glenda that one is Ok since it's played online and not downloaded. I think it might be the same site my husband uses.

o

Goldy please reply and let us know if you have success installing the microsoft games for windows 8.

o

I'm not having much success.Norton says they are rejects.They jam.Still trying different games.Hope to hit on the right one before I crash.I am a stroke person and this game keeps me to gather.

o

Have you tried the link I shared?

o

glenda I tried your idea.Norton Says don"t touch it with a ten foot pool.So on to the next idea.

o

Wow!

o

Some things is wrong if you are not able to get the games directly from the Microsoft game store, it should be a simple click on the selected game and install, now you will get a pop up warning that is part of the uac but it should just be you authorized it to be installed on your pc. There's no reason why any antivirus programs would balk at the Microsoft games they are made for windows. I think you have

some thing seriously wrong with the Norton. It is definitely not a favorite of mine once I got rid of it years ago I won't ever use it again, to each their own.
I really don't understand the problem with the one Glenda gave, you just play it online it isn't even a download.

o

I guarantee you this site is safe, my husband has been playing on it for years every single day and I have played on it often and you know I would never be going to any site that is dangerous in any way and it has a great wot rating. If anything says this one is bad then you have a problem on your computer that is affecting what is going on with the AV. Have you run an updated malwarebytes scan if not I would sure do that.

go here and try this site you can choose to change the game they have many options.
http://worldofsolitaire.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: worldofsolitaire

o

Oh here is the link to the WOT scorecard for worldofsolitaire
as you can see it is rated Excellent in all areas
WOT Reputation Scorecard worldofsolitaire.com

o

Have any success?

o

What kind of success rate do you have while playing, Goldy (and others)?

I think that I run about 12% ... about 2% on Minesweeper ... and nearly 95% on Freecell.

ole joyfuelled

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here