Aw, spring showeth!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leafing out!

and spring goeth..... :)

photo IMGP8101.jpg

o

It's great seeing the young spring green, but it's sad to see a hard freeze, too.

Moni, Amarillo didn't have ice, but we did get down to 19 last night with a chill factor of 4. Will be a hard freeze again tonight, but with less wind.

Just a few days ago, we were in the high 80's. Crazy!

o

Front coming thru here tomorrow afternoon.

Schools closing early.

:o) Ladybug likes what she's seeing :o)

o

oh red buds on ice that's a sad sight. My red bud tree is all green now, past the flowers stage. Did you know that the flowers are edible and a delicacy in some places. We had a presentation on them for the garden club meeting, I had no idea.

o

No, Raven, I didn't know. I eat all kinds of flower pedals.... but never had any redbud yet.

There is always next year. :)

Moni

o

Yep, I'm seeing buds on my fruit trees and my peoenies are coming up.

o

Beautiful pictures--we are aiming for July!!!!! More snow coming this weekend. White everything. Poor birds not sure what to do hope they don't start nesting--even the deer are suffereing along with the pheasants etc.
Do enjoy your pictures
Marie

o

My satsuma trees have been blooming like crazy and I had lots of itty bitty tiny little fruit forming and I am really scared this cold front will cause them to drop. I was really hoping for a nice crop this year. We did not have frost or ice but it got pretty chilly which can cause them to drop when that tiny.

The plants in the atrium look like they are very alert today with the chill in the air and having had a nice rain yesterday and last night. It is quite breezy out and currently in the 52 range.

o

Dogwoods and Azaleas!! SPRING! :)

o

We've about given up on having any spring this year.... I'm sure we had crocus blooming by this time last year, and my front yard is under 4 foot of snow with a winter storm going through today and tomorrow. Several inches of wet heavy snow expected.

o

From Long Island NY: We had rain all day yesterday, only got to 42 degrees. Saturday and Sunday will be in the 60's, then 70's next week. Yay! My favorite time of year!

o

BEAUTIFUL...wish it were happening here in No. Ohio!!!!!

I did see some yellow popping through the green leaves of daffodils yesterday, though.

nola anne

o

dafs are up but no flowers yet...i'm sitting here with the heat on again! it spit a few ice crystals, then quit...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here