Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What was for dinner?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 18:31

Better late than never, I suppose. We just got back from Homosassa where we had dinner. There's a little dive type place that has the best--and I do mean best--fresh from the Gulf shrimp you've ever tasted. You buy it by the (very generous) pound. We each had a pound. Not many sides to choose from, but really, that shrimp is all a person wants. That and an ice cold beer (which is like a dollar each--Sam Adams is $2).

The place was packed so we had to eat inside. I much prefer the tiki bar out on the water. We all came home happy and very full! It was a fun afternoon.

What did you/are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What was for dinner?

I had a fried hotdog and chips.

o

I like shrimp but not sure I could eat a whole pound at once. Give me a side salad and that would be enough for me.

I had some meatballs in the freezer. I added them to some doctored pork n beans. Had a potato to go with it. This used to be one of my families favorite meals.

Shirley

o

Ohhh what a way to eat shrimp! I'm drooling!

Johnny's Ray's BBQ: chopped pork mixed with no sauce,
baked beans, potato salad, side of pickles and texas toast.

Picked up friend and went to Yogurt Twist and I had salted caramel frozen yogurt in a cup. So good!

patti, will you please share your French potato salad recipe?

o

Thai take out;)

o

Salad
Baby greens, cucumber, cherry tomato, green onion, garbanzo beans, fat free feta, bacon bits and vinegar & oil dressing.

o

Kayjones, fried hot dogs--another one of those good things I'd forgotten about. I used to split them in half lengthwise and put cheese on them. So good!

Shirley, come down and we'll go have shrimp--betcah' you'll eat the whole pound. I ate all but 4. Ususally when we go out, if I order shrimp I may eat 5, but these are so fresh and so good you just can't stop eating them. I think they steam them, but I don't know for sure. They have the shells on and seasonings which are red and spicy, but not too spicy (sure make your hands messy, which is why they have rolls of paper towels on the tables instead of napkins). How is your sister feeling?

Glenda, we both love chopped BBQ pork. I don't like sauce either. That sounds terrific. I've never had salted caramel, either. But it seems to be really popular now. Here's the French potato salad. The kids have had it for lunch every day :-) Instead of cooking the bacon I used a packet of those real bacon bits (mine were Primrose brand).

French Potato Salad

2 lb. small red new potatoes
5 strips bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp. dried
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. finely chopped red onion (I omitted)
Salt to taste

Dressing:
1/3 c. red wine vinegar (I prefer rice vinegar--not as strong)
3/4 c olive oil
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
Freshly ground black pepper

Boil potatoes until just tender. Drain and cut into small chunks. Place in salad bowl with remaining salad ingredients. Combine dressing ingredients, mix well and toss with warm potatoes. Salad should marinate in dressing for several hours in refrigerate.

YogaLady, you're sooooo smart!!

Hounds, your healthy dinner puts me to shame. It sounds really refreshing, too.

o

Thank you! I might make that for Mother's Day!

o

Mexican stuffed peppers and a fruit salad.

o

Had a ham bone, so put that and navy beans in the crockpot this morning. It was very good and now I'm having a glass of riesling before I go to bed. We have a horrendous snow storm coming our way, so the bean soup will be good to have.

o

Kittiemom, is the filling more like a taco flavoring? Is there rice in it? It sounds good.

Oh gosh, Phyllis--more snow??? Stay safe and warm. I can't believe it's snowing in the middle of April!!

o

Waiting for hubby to bring home chicken tacos al carbon, some pico and rice! I am hungry!

o

We went to 5 guys burgers and fries for the first time ever. I would agree with what I have heard very good indeed. I didn't know that the burger was a double meat, Omg huge. Great fries too. I have lots of fries left.

Boy I would have been right there with you eating a lb of those shrimp. I love them and I like them hot not on ice, good and spicy. Willies here does them good and they are jumbos.

o

Yoghurt chicken, sauteed new potatoes, asparagus and salad. Pretty yummy.

o

Hubby's gone for a week so I don't have to cook much. Yea!! Love the break but I will be happy to cook once again when he gets home. I made him ham salad and chicken salad so I have been eating this..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here