Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just finished "Dark Places" by Gillian Flynn

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 17:34

Wow. I thought I knew what was coming, but I did not foresee the twist at the end. Dark Places is an aptly named book. Not my usual reading, but it really held my attention. If you read it, tell me what you thought of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just finished "Dark Places" by Gillian Flynn

I read it and I liked it, but nothing tops Gone Girl, one of the best I've ever read.

o

I'm listening to that one during my commute, Lily, and reading Sharp Objects during my lunch at work.

o

Donna and Lily - I've been curious about Gone Girl, since I've heard that it's considered to be a very good book. What is the book about, and was it a "difficult" or disturbing read?

o

best thing to do is go to it on Amazon and you can read a chapter or so free, I look for that and all the reader reviews. My husband read gone girl but I haven't yet. He liked it he has read Dark Places too, I have so many books to read.

o

I lost sleep over Gone Girl. I couldn't stop reading. It really held my attention, needing to find out what would happen next!
Reading the reviews of the other two books she's written, I think I'll pass on those.

o

Definitely Gone Girl is her best work. She even thanked me on FB when I mentioned I had recommended the book to many people. I think reading a synopsis of it would be better than me struggling to describe it. I could not put the book down either. Lost a lot of sleep staying up reading the next chapter. Google it and you'll see it's a psychological thriller that leaves you guessing.

o

Couldn't put Gone Girl down, but thought it was really, really weird.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here