Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 17:09

It is cold here today. 59 degrees when I got up and down to 55 right now. Haven't seen the sun all day. I've been watching a litle rabbit in our back yard eating the weeds. So cute!

Tonight is leftover turkey breast. I don't know how I did it, but it's the most tender one I've ever cooked. We'll have potatoes au gratin, something green and the sauteed apples I didn't make last night.

Hope you're having a nice weekend. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

Pork roast with carrots, onions and potatoes, rutabegas and green beans.

o

Oh, Carol, that sounds so good--and healthy, too. Did you grow any/all of the vegetables? Know you will enjoy your meal. (If not, my address is.....) ;0

o

Beef tenderloin on the grill with baked potato and salad.

Patti, how do you cook your sauteed apples? Having dinner with friends tomorrow night and she asked that I bring apples. Any special kind of apple....I have Jonathan on hand, Granny Smith maybe?

jude

o

I got lazy. I made homemade vegetable soup. Didn't want to cook anything else so pulled a lean cuisine fiesta grilled chicken from the freezer. Had a cup of my soup as my 'vegetable'.

That's really cold for your area, Patti. It was 33 here in Ohio this morning, and is only in low 40s right now. Brrrr

Shirley

o

This morning we had frost, it was 32 when we woke up. I decided to make chicken breast that I flattened & breaded with panco bread crumbs. Made a big bowl of macaroni salad to go with it. For dessert I made a cho. chip angel food cake. trying to get some more spring cleaning done.

o

Chicken and dressing.

o

Five Guys for a little burger with lettuce and grilled onions.

o

Glenda, lucky you going to Five Guys. Their restaurant recently opened here, but it's so popular, we haven't been able to get a toe in the door!

Today, our 45th wedding anniversary, we had a quiet dinner, just the two of us. Scalloped potatoes with cheese, bavarian sausages and sauteed grape tomatoes. Going out to a specialty bake shop later to pick up dessert. Tomorrow is dinner with DS and his family.

o

I went to a play with a friend today....Steel Magnolias. DH joined us at Bonefish afterwards for dinner. Shared the usual Mussels Josephine and had another appetizer for dinner. I did get to making the spaghetti sauce last night so tomorrow dinner is already taken care of.

Patti, that's even colder than here! It was in the low 60's today.

Stacey, Happy Anniversary.

o

Jude, is this a special occasion? Your dinner sure sounds like it. Here is the apple recipe I used:
Fried Apples

8 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped (I used 4 Gala)
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add apples and remaining ingredients. Saute 15 to 20 minutes or until apples or tender. Serves 6. (If you use 8 apples.)

Shirley, it was a good day for vegetable soup. I have the heat back on but Harry's still cold.

Mary, your sure keep busy! I love macaroni salad, but I don't like mine all that much. Wish I could have a bowlful of my mother's again.

Marilyn, you cook the best meals for being as busy as you are! We ended up with turkey with leftover dressing from last night. (I was on the phone with my sister too long to do the potatoes.)

Glenda, sounds delicious--I know you don't care for them, but I'd have to have fries with it. Haven't tried one with grilled onions--next time, whenever that may be.

Stacey, happy anniversary! Hope you have many more. Enjoy tomorrow with family, too.

Georgysmom, I just love Steel Magnolias and watch it every time I see it's on TV. Sounds like a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. We usually only order from the appetizer list when we eat out. Otherwise we overeat and bring enough home for two more meals.

o

they had the nicest soft french bread at wal mart today...so bought a loaf and made french bread pizza...dh ate all of his but i saved half for tomorrow lunch....our dessert was the rest of our sonic slushies...

o

Thanks Patti. It's dinner with special friends!

o

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas.

o

We went to Alicias Mexican restaurant and I had the Fajita nachos with a side of guacamole, it was delicious.

o

Patti, by the time I got it cooked, I was out of the notion to eat. I ate very little but it will be good heated up tomorrow.

o

I had chicken alfredo pizza. It was snowing here again today in mid SD

o

Congrats, Stacey_mb!

o

Grilled marinated chicken and vegetable k-bobs with a multi grain medley we like so much. I used coconut oil as the fat to season the rice and it gave just a hint of coconutty aroma. I've not used it like that before, but I sure will again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here