Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update :o( friend Bess with colon cancer

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 17:02

I took her while back to relieve family for a chemo treatment. End of the week, she was ill, then hospitalized and she's out now as of Friday.

But they have had to stop chemo treatment due to her developing C. difficile.

C. diff, is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Illness from C. difficile most commonly affects older adults in hospitals or in long term care facilities and typically occurs after use of antibiotic medications.

When I took her she was worried that she might not get to have her treatment due to diaherra, but it was determined she could as the D had subsided.

But evidentally it came back, which led to them to determining she has C diff. Which in my readings is infectious.

Please continue your thoughts for friend Bess, and THANK YOU!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update :o( friend Bess with colon cancer

Glenda, I'm sorry to hear that Bess is having difficulties, and I will continue to pray for her. Hugs!

o

Poor lady, she's had more than enough. I pray she gets better very soon.

Shirley

o

Thanks for the update. Is there anything they can give her for the C diff.? Is it a chronic illness or short term? Sure hope she can overcome it and get back to her chemo.

o

I'm so sorry to hear this about your friend, Glenda. I hope they find something that can help her.

o

I am sorry she is having such a rough time. She is in my prayers too.

Sue

o

C. diff is nasty! It runs rampant in hospitals.

o

Bess is such a fine fine person.

I hate this is happening to her :o(

o

awwwww-so sorry to here Bess is suffering so,Glenda-hoping something works for her and (((gentle hugs))) for you

o

please let her know we're thinking of her....

o

C diff is extremely contagious, if she was with you during the time she was contagious you are at high risk. We just went through this with my sister, she was in quarantine in the hospital. No one could visit. Her entire house had to be disinfected and all the bedding and clothes she had touched sterilized and bleached. If she used anything in your home be on the safe side and do the same. It can live for very very long time on surfaces and becomes infectious. It almost killed my sister. I really urge you to be tested and take serious precaution.
If she was experiencing any of the symptoms including diarrhea she was likely shedding c diff. They have had to close down hospitals due to out of control c diff.

o

Glenda, will continue to pray for Bess. Thoughts also for you during this time.

o

So sorry she is going through this. My husband had colon cancer and also had C dif. He was hospitlalized with it for 8 days and had really strong antibiotics

o

Oh my, how scarey and awful this is. I hate this for your dear Bess. Hugs to you and her, Miss Glenda.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here