Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 16:56

I made jambalaya in the crockpot this morning and it's sure smelling good. Have to put the shrimp in soon and warm the rice. We're having fruit salad again because the kids liked it so much. Also mini croissants for those of us who eat gluten.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

Captain D's. 3 piece senior dinner. Much better than last time.

o

Hi Patti!
I made a beef stew today. I saw a recipe from Bob_cville one time that mentioned using a port or dark beer. Since I don't have that, I used hoisin sauce instead. I put in mushrooms, onions, carrots, green peas, tomatoes, red wine.

It made a nice rich, dark stew. I then cooked a sweet potato and regular potatoes and mashed it together. Served the stew over top of the potatoes and it was delicious!

o

I've never tasted jambalaya. And now that jasdip has mentioned mashing the two different potatoes together, I'll have to try that.

I took a plate and started adding things from my refrigerator. Ended up with red beans/meatballs, chicken/stuffing, and mac/cheese. Made an interesting looking plate and tasted good too. I like leftovers.

Shirley

Patti: You asked how my special needs sister is doing. Not out of the woods yet. She's been under a lot of stress the last 6 wks or so. I think it's catching up with her in a lot of ways. Dr has ordered a complete blood workup for tomorrow.

o

The storm just got here about an hour ago, and it's really whipping out there. Silly birds were having a feeding frenzy, but have disappeared now. So the bean soup is on the menu, along with a salad and corn muffins.

o

It's cool and raining, so I made a pot of chili to warm the body and soul.

o

We had baked talipia, manicotti and broccoli with pecan caramel roll for dessert.

It was one of the easiest and best tasting meals I've done!

There's enough for leftovers, too...whoopee!

nola_anne

PS Don't know if any of ya here remember me...I joined KT years ago...sometime in 1990s. Figured I'd pop over and see what y'all have been up to...:)

o

Today I finished all the wash from spring cleaning the finished basement yesterday, can't believe all the extra wash from 3 rooms. I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce some for dinner & the rest for the freezer. For dinner it was chicken parmesan with spaghetti. Dessert was a homemade chocolate cream pie with whipped cream. I always make my own chocolate pudding, it is much better then the box pudding.

o

Hi Nola Anne. I do remember you. Thanks for popping in.

We had a delicious roast, mashed potatoes with onions in the gravey and peas. Made a great meal on this rainy, cool day. Of course it was one of those "wash dishes in shifts" kind of meal.....too many pots and pans, plus dishes to fit in the drainer all at the same time.

o

Jambalaya sounds good....haven't made that in years......hhhhhhmmmm......

I made fettuccinie with a red sauce:ground beef, red bell peppers, diced onion, basil.....

o

Smoked chicken and raw broccoli salad.

o

I'm full now and yet, reading all of your dinner makes me hungry again! :)

I made a quick turkey pot pie for dinner. I could only eat half of it. The other half will be for dinner tomorrow.

photo 6124-nttTurkeyPotPie_zps579ef211.jpg

o

wanted to do something different with our salmon tonight...i have a double pan...plain bottom but a second top piece with holes...

so in the bottom put a layer of stirfry veggies...on the top our salmon with a light coating of sweet/sour bottled sauce and a bit of butter...the butter dripped down on the veggies...had a side of brown rice.

if i ever do it again, i'll add some pineapple...i baked it uncovered at 325....until the fish flaked...veggies took a bit longer...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here