SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casey_nfld

Sharing Some Good News (Bragging)

casey_nfld
10 years ago

About a year ago I started exercising daily and eating healthier. I'm proud to say that as of today I've lost a total of 50 pounds!!

I was always active, going for walks to take photos, but those walks didn't get my heart rate up and even though I didn't eat fast food I wasn't eating healthy enough.

For a year I've been exercising daily (in warm weather walking one to one & half hours briskly every day, in winter weather walking on my treadmill or using my exercise bike).

My eating habits have changed. I cut out most bread products (no muffins, cookies, bagels, etc. and I only eat bread about once a month). I no longer eat pasta or rice and I eat potatoes about twice a month. I never did eat much butter or cream based meals. Now I eat lots and lots of vegetables (steamed or oven roasted with a bit of olive oil), salads, fruit and chicken, fish or, less often, lean beef. I eat oatmeal for breakfast.

I'm hoping to lose maybe 10 more.

My biggest inspiration has been my sister who started losing weight a couple of months before me. She's lost over 90 pounds!!!

Comments (39)