Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cosmetic dentistry

Posted by fran1523 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 16:49

Does anyone here have experience with cosmetic dentistry, whitening, veneers, etc. I've always hated my teeth and thought my smile left a lot to be desired. I'm thinking seriously about having some kind of work done. I've got so much invested in the infrastructure with crowns, fillings. bridges, and implants that I might as well go for the stuff that shows.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cosmetic dentistry

I had veneers on six or eight top front teeth about 15 years ago.....well worth the money.
I had an excellent dentist.
I also have two implants.
The most important thing to remember is to be very diligent in flossing and brushing. I also use a WaterPic.
Good luck.

o

I found out I am allergic to whiting products. But would love to have my teeth straightened, but dentist said no due to my age.

o

I have dental implants....what they call the "all on four" procedure. It is four implants top, and four bottom, and arches of teeth attach to them. I guess that is cosmetic. It sure changed my looks!

o

I got braces at age 54!
They are off now, and they were worth all the time and trouble (and pain!).

o

I'm tempted to get braces now and I am older than LuAnn. I've always had a lower front tooth that protruded a little bit. The permanent tooth came in before the baby tooth fell out. It seems to have shifted in the past few years and now is pushing against my upper front tooth. It's really annoying and I'd love to get that lower tooth back in line. The rest of my teeth are straight but I so wish my parents had gotten braces for my lower teeth. In the meantime, I whiten them and I do have one implant.

There's a memorable moment in the movie Peggy Sue Got Married when she is talking to her grandfather (Barney):

Peggy Sue: Grandpa, if you had a chance to go back and do it all differently, what would you have changed?
Barney Alvorg: Well, I would have taken better care of my teeth.

Ha, ha, that line always resonates with me!

o

I've had braces at 40.
Veneers on 12 teeth when I was 50.
Two implants with a bridge three years ago at age 57.
The braces were a waste of money.
The implants were necessary because I was born without several adult teeth and a couple capped baby teeth finally gave out.
The veneers changed my life. I smile like I've never smiled before, ever, in my life. I love them so much despite the large void in my bank account.

Jodi-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here